Thread: Is it possible to split a broadband connection to two wifi network

Is it possible to split a broadband connection to two wifi network

How to split a broad band connection into two. I am having a 2mbps line at my apartment. I want to share the same with my neighbor. Also he is going to pay me some amount every month which will add a bit relief in the bill. But I do not know about the process of sharing. I am having a router but the connection does not work on the next room. That can be due to poor single.

Re: Is it possible to split a broadband connection to two wifi network

You can do that buy purchasing a good router. There are some high end router available in the market that gives you a powerful wifi signal that can even pass through walls. The cost of those router can lie between Rs.10,000 to Rs.20,000.

There are various ways of sharing internet. The simple is by using a lan cable. You can create some space to transfer a lan wire from your room to the next one. That will be connected to your modem directly. You can go in the modem settings and limit the bandwidth. This is necessary. Because if you keep something on download then the person on next room will get poor internet speed. The same is applicable to him also. So the best thing to do is to limit the bandwidth on the basis of connectivity. This can be done from the modem, router and from the pc also via third party software. Buy a router only if you need it. Or you can just add a lan cable which is more cheaper and reasonable. Router bandwidth can be affected due to various reason. It can be due to obstacles or firmware. But in lan cable this things are not available due to which it is a bit more easier to have constant download speed.

Yes provide him a lan cable. For router the speed will fluctuate while in regular lan cable you just have to provide him the connectivity. That's all. This is the best way to share internet connection.