Thread: New malware target the browser instead of operating system

New malware target the browser instead of operating system

Has anyone heard this new. I found that on web. There is a new kind of malware which targets the web browser instead of operating system. Most of the antivirus tries to modify system files resulting in destroying data. But now hackers has learned that a users most activity is based on a browser. So they are trying to make malware and virus which target browser activity instead of operating system. And there is hardly any antivirus available which an prevent it.

Re: New malware target the browser instead of operating system

That's weird. This people are getting smarter. I use Chrome as default browser which is synced by my gmail id. This id is used on facebook, bank accounts, emails, etc. So if this lost then I think someone can have full access to my details. There must be something to stop this kind of threads.

Things are changing as technology changes. It is not a new things. Malware and virus are getting more smarter day by day. Still today we can see a antivirus most probably scans the operating system for infected files. It works on the software level only. But there is no such thing available that can checkout the browser. If browser comes with some kind of security bug then malware can cause serious issue in this. A browser is widely used by many users. Under such circumstances the only solution is to stop using the browser. Till today there are no information available on any browser which has caused any kind of security breach yet. It is really complicated to find which browser will be more secure. I had seen tons of addons released daily for different browser. Any of them can be dangerous. Norton offers a overall security pack that also deals with browser activity. I had seen it keeps on giving popup when the browser eats up lot of memory. Security companies must work on more powerful antivirus which must be lighter and smart enough to deal with all virus risk.

You will need something inside the web browser for that. It is not easy for a antivirus to find what issue lies with the browser. I do think there is any tool available that can scan a software for bug and gives report.

Threats are changing day by day. This is a new form of malware where it attacks the browser. It takes benefit from security bugs in browser and cause issue. It is essential that you must keep your browser and antivirus updated all the time. New updates resolve ample of security holes that can cause problem in future. I had seen information on this new kind of malware on web. It is some new threat that simply attacks the plugins and extension of a web browser. While it does not touches the system. The malware here tries to control the entire web browser so that it can collect all the information of pages and stuff you are searching. Another great threat lies with could services. In old times a attacker has to spread virus and wait back to get images. But today we are uploading ample of data on cloud. So a attacker can get many things from a single place without messing around much. He just has to enter one single server. It is necessary that a cloud must be secure enough to keep sensitive data safe.