Thread: How to remove NIS 2013 with Norton Removal Tool

How to remove NIS 2013 with Norton Removal Tool

I am trying to remove Norton Internet Security 2013 so that I can revert back to 2012 version, but I am not able to do so. After downloading Norton Removal Tool latest version and installer of NIS 2012 and then removed the NIS 2013 from the Control Panel's Add and Remove and restarted my pc. After that I ran Norton Removal Tool and it told me that it will be able to remove NIS 2013 through 2012? I dont have the 2012 version installed so how can I remove it? Can anyone please help? Thanks

Re: How to remove NIS 2013 with Norton Removal Tool

Have you tried to use the Norton Removal Tool that you have downloaded? You should always download the Norton Removal Tool from the official website of Norton only. And even if you are getting the instructions for removing the 2012 version, it actually doesnt matter with the version because the same procedure is used to remove any kind of Norton Products from your system everytime, irrespective of the version numbers.

Thanks for responding to me but even after running the norton removal tool 100 times it still wont remove the NIS 2013. I have also downloaded the norton removal tool from their official website, from here - https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/..._en_us?src=nrt. I will still try to remove it in safe mode and see if that works for me or not.

I was able to remove NIS 2013 by uninstalling it from the Program in Control Panel through Add and Remove feature. After that I restarted my computer and then ran the Nortol Removal Tool. And when it did its thing, I again restarted my pc and then run Norton Removal Tool again. After a third restart of my pc I went to C:\programdata and then deleted the Norton and NortonInstaller folders and then installed the previous version of Norton on my pc without any more trouble.