Thread: Infected by FakeAlert.BI virus

Infected by FakeAlert.BI virus

My system is infected by FakeAlert.BI virus. AVG is giving me constant popup about the infection but not able to remove it completely. Last time when I saw the scan log I found around 180 threats. But when I scan back again the threats were doubled. I think the virus is still in the system. Is there any other way available through which I can simply remove this virus. Every time new number of threats are simply added in the scan log.

Re: Infected by FakeAlert.BI virus

It is a Trojan virus. Try to run a full system can under safe mode. That might remove it completely. boot your system in safe mode by hitting F8 constantly on reboot and then run a full system scan. Run multiple scans until your antivirus founds nothing. Then boot your system back in normal mode.

Your system is infected with a very nasty virus. It is not easy to get rid of that. If your existing antivirus is not capable of removing then it is necessary that you must switch to some better one. There are ample of antivirus available and almost all of them offer you a 30 trial. Like Norton Internet Security or Kaspersky, etc. Download anyone of them. But before that you have to remove your existing antivirus. You can do that in safe mode.Under safe mode very few applications and drivers are working. Once you got the new antivirus run a full update and then scan it. If that also does not works then I do not think there is a manual option available to remove it. This virus keeps on spreading the system causing poor performance. This antivirus install fake tools in your system and keeps on multiplying. First thing you have to do is disconnect your internet connection for time being. This will reduce the impact of virus on system. Then scan your system with different kind of antivirus and test back . I think that will be simply more than enough to fix the issue you are facing.

My system is also dealing with the same kind of issue. But that did not worked. There is nothing you can do to completely remove it. All you have to do is format your system and install Windows back again from scratch. That will remove the virus completely. Start taking your data backup.

The virus usually associates itself with some running application and trigger the attack. It is very complicated to find the location of this virus. It can be at multiple places. It also adds entry in the registry editor through which more attack is triggered. Now this antivirus usually lies under location like AppData, Program Files, System 32 folder, etc. You can try running hijackthis in your system. This is a very nice tools which generate a full log report of applications running in your system. It is really necessary that you must run a proper scan with it and generate a log report that can give you details of each and every application/service running in your system. Then you can get rid of them one by one. Manually the virus might not allow you to delete the files. You can do that in safe mode. Another reliable option to use here is running some bootable antivirus scanner. There are ample of free bootable antivirus available. You just have to burn them on a DVD and run a full system scan. This bootable scanner are really effective and can bring results.