Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-05-2013

How to Take Virus Definitions

Dear Sir,

I am using Avast Antivirus free home user on my office PC but now our network administrator blocked this web site on our server they are saying you can use ESET NODE antivirus but I am happy with avast antivirus. Kindly tell me can i access this web site for definition/program updates??
Old 31-05-2013

Re: How to Take Virus Definitions

No, you cannot access the Avast website unless your administrator unblocks the same website. You can however try to download the Avast Virus Definitions offline from some other computer and then get that into a usb drive and then insert the same drive to your computer and install the virus definitions on your pc. Also it is always recommended that only 1 antivirus should be used on a single machine because 2 or many will cause software conflicts.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,