Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 blocks JRE plug-in

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 blocks JRE plug-in

I have been running Windows 8 Pro since last month, everything was working great. However, after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, I have found it blocking JRE plugin while running in browser.
    I haven’t used Kaspersky before, this is the first time I am using it. So I want to know if this is due to some incompatibility issue or there is something that I can try out from my end to fix it??

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 blocks JRE plug-in

That’s the reason I have uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. I had searched a lot to find a fix for the same. Some people were saying that this is due to some bug in java where as some had mentioned that Kaspersky does that by default. In my case I had tried adding Java folders to the Kaspersky exception list but that dint made any difference in my case. After getting tired of trying whole lot of solution, I uninstalled Kaspersky and got stick to Windows defender. I don’t have a single issue with Windows defender now, if you want then you can get rid of Kaspersky and install Windows defender like me.

Give this a try:
    Uninstall all versions of Java and delete its folders
    Click on Kasperky tray icon > 'Settings' > 'Application Control' > 'Applications' >
    Check out for 'Oracle' or 'Oracle Corporation' or 'Oracle America' and delete them all
    Now install latest Java

In case you face the same issue again then you can add ‘Oracle’ or 'Oracle Corporation' or 'Oracle America' folder in Kaspersky Internet Security Exceptions list. Just make sure that you are checking “'Do not scan network activity' before you exit the exception window.

Hey that worked!!!
    I uninstalled Java, deleted 'Oracle America' folder and installed the latest version of Java and it started working fine without getting blocked.
    Thanks a lot.