Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-01-2013

How to create a 1TB Personal Cloud on My Net N900 Central

I am here to share steps required for creating Personal Cloud on My Net N900 Central Router using your android and iOS phones. Cloud storage is similar to Drop Box or Google Drive where you can keep your files, audio, video etc. Once stored, you can access all those files from anywhere using internet connection. In order to access multimedia files you need a good internet connectivity or else multimedia content might taking long time in buffering. For the connectivity you need to install WD2Go application. After installing the WD2Go application you can follow below steps.

1. Open WD2Go application > Tap on My Net N900 Central under Connect Manually section.
  2. You will get a prompt for entering 12 Digit code.
  3. You can get that from Dashboard just go to Remote Access and then click on Mobile Access > Add Mobile Access. The router will give you the 12 digit code and you can add the same on your Smartphone.

You can now access your files from anywhere through internet. There is one more application that you can use. It?s called ?WD WEB Access?, you just have to create a Web Access by providing a valid email id. Once the account gets activated you can set a password for remote access. You have to go on www.wd2to.com and login with the password. Your router will be listed on the screen. Once you click on that you can manage the router settings without any issues. In case any one has any query regarding the steps that I have mentioned then they can feel free to ask.
Old 25-01-2013

Re: How to create a 1TB Personal Cloud on My Net N900 Central

There is no much difference between Western Digital My Net N900 Central and My Net N900 Router. The main difference between them is that N900 Central comes with 1TB Storage.
If anyone has difficulty in understanding things then they can refer to below article as well.
How to create Personal Cloud Storage in Western Digital My Net N900 Router
It explains all the steps with images.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security