Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials error - "No such interface found"

Microsoft Security Essentials error - "No such interface found"

I have installed Microsoft Security Essentials in my system running windows 7. My problem is that when I turn off real time protection then I get an error message saying "No such interface found". What does that mean? Why I am getting that error?? Is there anything I can try to fix it?? I want to get rid of that error message as soon as possible, so a quick help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials error - "No such interface found"

Did this issue started suddenly or it was there since you installed Microsoft Security Essentials??? Do you have any other antivirus or security program installed in your system??? Is your system up to date with all recommended windows update installed?? Just answer me these things so that I can have better idea of the problem you are facing.

My system is up to date with all recommended windows update installed. I don’t know if this issue has started suddenly or it was there since in installed Microsoft Security Essentials because I have tried disabling real time protection for the first time. I don’t have any other antivirus or security program installed in my system. I also want to add that I have tried checking out for the error I am getting but it seems as if I am only the one facing this error. I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Security Essentials but before that if you think there is any other solution that can be tried then please let me know.

Rather than uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, I will suggest you to repair it first. You can refer below steps for repairing it.
    • Open control panel > Add remove program
    • Right click on “Microsoft Security Essentials” in the list and select uninstall
    • Now in the next window you will get two options “uninstall” and “repair”
    • So chose repair and click on ok
    • Once the repairing task gets completed, reboot your system and cross check MSE.

In case repairing doesn’t make any difference and you still get the same error then you will have to try reinstalling MSE. I don’t think any other solution will help.

Repairing MSE was not helpful. I am still getting the same error. On the other hand I have tried uninstalling it as well, but nothing happens when I click on uninstall. There is surely something wrong with MSE in my case, how will I uninstall it now?? Should I delete all it folders from my system?

No don’t just delete MSE files and folders from your system. You can use some uninstaller for uninstalling it or you can refer to below article and remove it manually.
    How to manually uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials, if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs item
    I’ll personally suggest you to go through the above Microsoft knowledge base article. In case you face any issue in uninstalling MSE even after following this article then you can post back for further help.