Thread: Windows defender in widows 8 keeps deactivating itself

Windows defender in widows 8 keeps deactivating itself

I have installed windows 8 and there is something wrong with its preinstalled Windows defender antivirus. It was working fine until yesterday but I don’t know what went wrong with it today. I don’t have any other issue with windows 8 and I want to know if there is anything that I can try to fix it?? Help on this matter will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Windows defender in widows 8 keeps deactivating itself

Since it was working fine until yesterday I want to know if you have made any changes in your system recently. I mean have you installed any program and all??? Did you install any windows update recently?? If yes, than you can try uninstalling them and cross check if Windows defender starts working fine after that.

Do you have any other antivirus installed in your system?? If yes, then uninstall other one and let me know the response you get.

Yes I have installed Malwarebytes Pro and Spybot Search & Destroy along with Windows defender. I have asked about this to my friend and even they have done the same thing. They said that Malwarebytes Pro and Spybot Search & Destroy won’t interfere with Windows defender. I think they were right because I had installed them the other day I installed windows 8. Like I have mentioned everything was working fine until yesterday. My friends don’t have any issue in getting Malwarebytes Pro and Spybot Search & Destroy working along with windows defender. There is something else that I causing Windows defender to get deactivated itself. What should I do?? Should I uninstall Malwarebytes and Spybot???

See it’s not recommended to install more than one antivirus on a system. In order to fix this issue in your case, I will suggest you to uninstall both Malwarebytes and Spybot. You can uninstall them one at a time and cross check Windows defender side by side. In case uninstalling Malwarebytes and Spybot doesn’t make any difference in your case then you can perform system restore. You can restore your system to a point when windows defender was working fine. If at all problem persists then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Windows defender itself. Even though I don’t think there might be something wrong with Windows defender as your issue is pointing more toward some other application interfering with it.

A better idea will be disabling or turning off windows defender in windows 8. You can rely on other antivirus that you have installed. It seems as if you don’t trust defender and that’s the reason you have installed Malwarebytes and Spybot. If that’s true the rather than uninstalling Malwarebytes and Spybot I’ll suggest you to disable windows defender completely. Once you disable it, it won’t interfere with other programs neither it will interfere with other programs, best of luck.