Thread: KIES tethering automatically gets disconnected

KIES tethering automatically gets disconnected

I have Samsung galaxy y s5360 and i have started using kies for accessing internet through it on my laptop. I don't have any issue in making the connection after filling in all the details but for some reason the connection doesn't lasts long. It gets disconnected say after 3 or 4 minutes and i have to reconnect it after filling the details again. I really keep doing that again, any ideas what might be wrong in my case???

Re: KIES tethering automatically gets disconnected

What makes you think this is a KIES issue. To me, it seems as if there might be something wrong with your network. I have used KIES for a long time and I do use it sometimes now as well. I haven’t faced any issue like that.
    Tethering used to get disconnected in my case only when there was no proper network. So first make sure that you have enough network bars in your phone when you are accessing internet.

My phones network bars are already full. I really don’t think there might be anything wrong with the network connection. I don’t have any issue in browsing and all, everything works fine until tethering gets disconnected on its own. I have tried accessing internet on my phone, it works great without any connection issue, that makes me feel there is something wrong with KIES, not my phone nor the internet connection.
    Apart from the disconnecting issue, other irritating issue is that the required detail for making the connection doesn’t get saved. I have to renter everything for reconnecting, isn’t there a way to save it???

I guess no, one has to enter the details once upon starting KIES. Anyways if you are sure that there is nothing wrong with your phone and the network than there might be something wrong with KIES. For now you can try uninstalling and reinstalling KIES, I am not sure if that would help but you can surely give that a try. Make sure that you are making clean installation of KIES.
    Other than that add KIES as an exception in your antivirus and firewall settings so that they don’t interfere with its functionality. They can be a possible cause of your Tethering disconnecting issue.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling KIES quite a few times but I get the same response from it. I don’t mind entering the required details once but because of this disconnection issue I have to enter it after every 3 to 4 minutes which really pisses me off. I have added KIES as an exception in my antivirus and firewall settings, even though I don’t think they might be interfering. Let me know if there is anything else that I can try out further, any further help will be highly appreciated.

Which version of KIES have you installed??? Below one is the latest.
    File - SAMSUNG Kies(kies_win.exe)
    Version - 16.0.0.400
    Release Date - 19-Nov-2012
    Size (MB) – 77
    In case you have installed older version you can try making clean installation of the latest one. It is available on the official site of Samsung. Install it from there and no other site.

That’s the version I have installed, I had installed it 3 Days Ago from Samsung official site. Tethering gets disconnected from the first day itself. Is there any other similar application that I can use it with my phone for accessing Internet over laptop???

I don’t see any alternative for KIES, since I never had any issue with it I never tried looking for it alternative. KIES is developed specially for Samsung phones and many of my friends use the same for updating their firmware and using other features offered. I really don’t know why it is not working out in your case and I can’t even think of any solution to suggest you further.
    I have just now gone through your previous thread and you seem to have installed Samsung pc suites as well, so I wanted to know if you have uninstalled them after installing KIES?? If not, than try uninstalling them and see if KIES starts working fine after that.