Thread: Yahoo Messenger wont connect after installing ESET NOD 32 Antivirus

Yahoo Messenger wont connect after installing ESET NOD 32 Antivirus

Since installing ESET NOD 32 Antivirus, Yahoo Messenger has stopped working. It won’t get connected at all, I thought that there was something wrong with Yahoo Messenger, I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling it without any luck. Later I uninstalled ESET NOD 32 Antivirus and Yahoo Messenger started working fine. It seems as if ESET NOD 32 is messing up with Yahoo Messenger. What can I do to get both of them working together???

Re: Yahoo Messenger wont connect after installing ESET NOD 32 Antivirus

Did you found a fix for this??? Yahoo Messenger has stopped working in my case as well after installing ESET NOD 32. Currently I have installed PIDGIN and I am using it as an alternative for Yahoo Messenger but I want to know if there is any method by which I can get both of them working. I was using Yahoo Messenger from a long time and I never had any issue with it, I don’t want to use any other email client other than that. I have been looking after a fix for this in other forums but I haven’t come across any solution yet. I was thinking of starting a new thread but I came across yours.

No luck yet, it seems as if this issue is just in our case. I haven’t come across any other similar thread. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ESET NOD 32 many times but that’s not making any difference.

Which version of ESET NOD 32 Antivirus you both have installed??? Is it the latest 5.0 version??? If you both are running older version of ESET NOD 32 than ill suggest you all to upgrade to the latest one. If you face the same problem with latest version as well then you all can revert back to me for further help.

I have installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.0 only. I had downloaded it from the esetindia official site. I was using Net protected antivirus and it has expired recently. I am not willing to update it and that’s the reason I have installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.0 as some of my friends suggested saying” it is one of the best and free antivirus”. I don’t have any issue any other issue with ESET NOD32 but just because it is messing around with Yahoo Messenger I am thinking of switching to MSE.

Guys you both will have to adjust internal proxy, or protocol filter. Actually ESET NOD32 antivirus scans network traffic for viruses and detects web browsers and email clients automatically by default. This might cause internet connectivity problems.

In order to fix it you both can follow below steps:
    • First start your ESET NOD32 Antivirus, press F5 key to enter advanced setup
    • In the advanced setup tree simply expand “Antivirus and antispyware” and click Protocol filtering
    • In the right pane select “Applications marked as Internet browsers and email clients.” Option and click on OK
    • Now expand “Email client protection”, expand “POP3, POP3S” click on “Email clients”, uncheck “Yahoo messenger “and click on OK.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus will no longer scan Yahoo messenger for network traffic viruses and you should not face any connectivity issue further. In case you find ESET NOD32 messing with web browsers than you can Expand Protocol filtering, click on “Excluded applications”, select your web browser in the right pane and click on OK and you are done.