Thread: AVG - 2013 'An error occurred when saving the configuration: Specified File was not found'

AVG - 2013 'An error occurred when saving the configuration: Specified File was not found'

My AVG 2012 pack had got over and I had installed AVG - 2013 today. However just after its installation when I tried changing some setting I got an error message saying 'An error occurred when saving the configuration: Specified File was not found'. I don’t know why I am getting that error message, what should I do???

Re: AVG - 2013 'An error occurred when saving the configuration: Specified File was not found'

Try deleting below folders, restart your system and see if it works fine after that.
    Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg2013\cfg
    Windows Vista/7
    C:\ProgramData\AVG2013\cfg

In case you get the same error after deleting the above folder than you can try uninstalling and reinstalling AVG2013.

Re: AVG - 2013 'An error occurred when saving the configuration: Specified File was not found'

I am running windows 7 and I have deleted C:\ProgramData\AVG2013\cfg folder but I am still getting the same error message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVG2013 but no luck. It seems as if there is something wrong with my system and not AVG, however I am not sure about it.

Did you uninstall AVG 2012 completely before installing AVG – 2013??? Sometimes simply uninstalling anti-viruses from control panel doesn’t work and one has to use uninstaller for removing them. This is so because some instances of antivirus last in system even after uninstalling them from control panel. If you have any doubt than use avg remover uninstall AVG – 2013 and remove all instance of AVG 2012 as well. Also make sure that you are running AVG – 2013 as Admin, if you don’t want to right and select “Run as administrator “ every time than you can set both avgtray.exe and the avgui.exe to always runs as admin, you will have to reboot your system so that the changes can take effect.

I had not used any uninstaller but I had simply uninstalled it from control panel as I uninstall other program. I dint knew instances of antivirus remains in system even after uninstalling them. I’ll use avg remover and will try out what you have suggested, hope avg remover will fix the issue.

Did you fixed the error in your case???? I have installed AVG – 2013 basic and I am getting the same error whenever I am trying to change any advance settings or schedule scan stuffs. I have tried deleting cfg & cfgall folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg2013\cfg and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVG – 2013 using AVG Remover but I am still getting the same error every time. Let me know if you have managed to fix this error in your case or else ill better install MSE.