Thread: Best antivirus for gaming rig

Best antivirus for gaming rig

I have build up a new gaming rig and have installed many games as well, anyways I am here to know about the best antivirus for my gaming rig. I had installed avast but then it was blocking some of my games while launching them and I had to disable in order to run the game.

Re: Best antivirus for gaming rig

For a gaming rig I would recommend the below ones, avast is really not a good choice as far as gaming rigs are concerned:]
    • ESET
    • Panda
    • BitDefender
    • Norton
    • McAfee

In my case I am using ESET Smart Security 5 and I will suggest you to install the same.

None other than Microsoft Security essentials, I don’t think any third party antivirus will handle your windows system better than Microsoft Security essentials. I always had problem while playing games after installing antiviruses like avast and even Norton. Sometimes my games files were reported as malware and some time my firewall used to block the game servers. After a little bit of research I installed Microsoft Security essentials and since then I haven’t faced a single issue while playing games. If you have genuine copy of windows than you can install it for free.

I don’t think Microsoft Security essential is capable of providing full protection, I have used it and I know that it doesn't interfere with games and protects the system well but sometimes it used to miss some virus. I don’t know why just for eg If I used to scan my whole system than Microsoft Security essential used to not detect any virus but while transferring data from my system in other system having ESET antivirus installed through usb flash drive. I used to get message from ESET that it has detected virus in usb flash drive, it happened quite a few times, so later I installed ESET Smart Security 5 and since then I haven’t come across the same situation.