Thread: Netgear WNR2000v3 keeps dropping connection after firmware upgrade

Netgear WNR2000v3 keeps dropping connection after firmware upgrade

I have a Netgear WNR2000v3 router and I have been using it from 6 months, I did not had any issue until today. Today morning I upgraded its firmware to V1.1.1.72 and since then it keeps disconnecting devices connected to it. I am quite sure that this issue has arisen after upgrading its firmware. Things were working quite well before that. I want to know if there is anything that I can try out rather than simply downgrading the firmware????

re: Netgear WNR2000v3 keeps dropping connection after firmware upgrade

want to know if you have reset your router after upgrading its firmware??? It is recommended to reset router after its firmware is upgraded. So if you have missed that part than try it out now and see if it starts working fine after that. If not, than you will have to try downgrading and upgrading to latest firmware again.

I had reset my router after upgrading its firmware, I am aware that it is recommended to do that. I am not upgrading my router firmware for the very first time. I have done it before quite a few times and never came across any such issue. I think that there’s something wrong with the latest firmware. I have crossed check the connection with multiple devices and it keeps disconnecting all randomly, there’s no specific interval. I have tried rebooting my laptop and phones before connecting to wifi thinking that might make some difference but it did not. I have tried rebooting the router couple of times but no luck yet.

In that case you will have to downgrade your router firmware to its older version. If there’s really something wrong with latest firmware release than you won’t be able to fix it by trying anything from your end. You will probably have to wait for them to fix it and come up with further update. A better idea will be contacting Netgear support and addressing your issue to them, if there might be something wrong with latest firmware than they might be aware of it and will help you out. Until than you can downgrade your router firmware, just let me know if that helps.

First off all have you made sure that your internet connection is proper??? Since when are you facing this issue? If it is just today, then there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your internet connection rather than firmware. I am not that sure about it but these are common things to check out in such cases. Just run a speed test, go through the result and let me know what you see there.

Re: Netgear WNR2000v3 keeps dropping connection after firmware upgrade

There’s nothing wrong with my internet connection, I have tested out my wired internet connection and it is working great as usual. I have contacted Netgear support and they said that they were not able to reproduce the issue on their side but some people have reported the same to them. They said that they are looking in to the matter and will revert back with a fix as soon as possible. Anyways I will downgrade my routers firmware and will check out if things start working fine after that.

Re: Netgear WNR2000v3 keeps dropping connection after firmware upgrade

Hey Leland there’s surely something wrong with firmware V1.1.1.72. I have gone through the same issue that you are facing now. Currently I have downgraded my routers firmware and things have started working fine after that. We surely need another update form Netgear to fix this issue, like counselor has mentioned we won’t be able to do anything for now from our end rather than downgrading its firmware.