Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Malwarebytes disappeared in quick launch after upgrading to v1.65.1400

Networking & Security

Old 15-09-2012

Malwarebytes disappeared in quick launch after upgrading to v1.65.1400

I have been using Malwarebytes for around two months now. The original version that I started to use was Malwarebytes v1.62. Now there was news that new version of Malwarebytes was available for upgrading, thenvew version is v1.65. I downloaded it and installed it in my computer. After installing this new update, I realized that the shortcut for this anti-malware from the quick launch bar has disappeared. I donít know what to do now as I have to access the Malwarebytes from the start menu every time.

Old 15-09-2012

Re: Malwarebytes disappeared in quick launch after upgrading to v1.65.1400

I too did the download and installation of the upgrade for Malwarebytes on my computer and the same thing happened. I cannot see the icon of this anti-malware in the quick launch bar in my computer. I tried to find if there is any setting to get the icon back in the quick launch bar from the preferences of this anti-malware. But I couldnít find anything that would help me. I am finding it difficult to get the quick notifications like scan completions or any new notification regarding it. I think that this new upgrade has a bug that makes the icon disappear and developers should rectify this problem.
Old 15-09-2012

This problem of disappearing of icon from the quick launch bar occurs when the anti-malware software comes in conflict with the anti-virus. As we know that Malwarebytes is able to work along with any other anti-virus software, it must have happened that you must have tried upgrading Malwarebytes along with active anti-virus software. Since both the softwares have their operation in similar place, it might create certain problems. Just remember it for future that whenever you are upgrading Malwarebytes, you disable the antivirus first and then continue with the upgrading process of this anti-malware. This is the best way to get it upgraded.
Old 17-09-2012

So now to get the proper operational Malwarebytes in your computer, you will first need to uninstall the current version of the anti-malware installed in your computer. Once this is done, then you will need to restart your computer for it to configure itself with new settings without anti-malware. Then you will have to disable the anti-virus in your computer with every firewall and protection turned off. Once done, you will then have to install the Malwarebytes again in your pc and then start upgrading it with new version. This is the proper process and it works successfully.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,