Thread: Wi-Fi connection issue with TP-link Wireless N Router on Android phone

Wi-Fi connection issue with TP-link Wireless N Router on Android phone

I have a TP-link Wireless N Router at my home connected to my PC. I was using Blackberry phone before and it used to connect with the Wi-Fi of this router very well. There was not a single issue to be bothered about. But now I have got myself a Android based phone. When I try to connect this Android based phone to the Wi-Fi of TP-link Wireless N Router, it connects but some apps in it doesn’t accept the Wi-Fi connection. What can be the reason for this problem, can someone tell me?

Re: Wi-Fi connection issue with TP-link Wireless N Router on Android phone

I think that the Android phone you have must not be compatible with the firmware of the TP-link Wireless N Router that you are using, even the case can be reverse. As you mentioned that Blackberry phone worked right with the router’s Wi-Fi but not Android phone. I think the current firmware of TP-link Wireless N Router must not be support Android operating system.

You can try installing new firmware in your router. Maybe it will help you connect you to your Android phone. The developers must have obviously included new features in the firmware that will help you connect to the Wi-Fi.

The apps for Android are many times not developed by any big developer. There can be some apps that are developed by third party developers or developed by an individual. Such apps in Android are designed for general hardware requirements. They are not designed for every network and connection. Maybe the apps that you are trying are not compatible with the Wi-Fi network that you are using.

These apps are not tested for every type of network and connection. So maybe you will have to do along with what you get. The apps developed by bigger companies are tested with every type of hardware, network and device possible. So they usually work on all type of hardware.

I suggest that you change the channel of Wi-Fi from your TP-link Wireless N Router. I had an iPhone 3G which never used to work with the default channel that the router had set by default. I had to change the frequency to get it running properly. You too can try it. If it works then it’s well and good.

Furthermore, you should go on increasing the frequency by 20 MHz and see if it matches the requirement of the Android phone. It might surely work for you.