Thread: How to add wireless N router to home network?

How to add wireless N router to home network?

I have a home with two bedrooms. In one bedroom I have placed my PC which is connected to a wired router, which is Verizon MI424WR. I have Television in another bedroom which I want to use for streaming videos from PC. The distance between PC and the television must be approximately 35 feet. I am thinking of connecting a wireless router to PC to stream videos directly to television. Can someone tell me if the wireless router will be able to stream video at such a large distance without any problem?

Re: How to add wireless N router to home network?

A normal wireless router will be able to stream video at a distance of 35 feet easily. But again the streaming depends on the objects that come between it. Since this television and PC is placed in your home, there is much chance of walls and furniture coming between it. The more objects that come between the source and the device of streaming, the less will be the strength of the streaming.

So first see that the way between the wireless router and the television doesn’t have many obstructions. If any of your friend or relative has a wireless router, you can first try using it to try the streaming.

I suggest that you go for a wired network between the PC and the television. It will be easy to establish a connection between PC and television if the distance is around 35 feet. You can easily connect the router using a big wire to the television. Also the wired connection will have no effect of walls and other objects that come in between as it will transmit the video output directly. Also wired router and the connecting wire would be lot cheaper than the single wireless router if you want to purchase it. My opinion is that even your existing Verizon MI424WR router can do this job much better.

If you are using a wireless router for streaming the videos from PC to television, the let me tell you that if there is a bandwidth fluctuation or any interruption, then it will affect the streaming greatly. You will see lags and low framerate in the streaming and somewhat similar problems. Also this type of connection won’t be useful for gaming as it will increase the latency greatly. I don’t think that the wireless connection between PC and television will support high definition videos. You will need a high speed internet for proper functioning of the wireless network between PC and television.