Thread: BurstMedia , DoubleClick , MexiaPlex , Right_Media virus not removable by spybot

BurstMedia , DoubleClick , MexiaPlex , Right_Media virus not removable by spybot

My system has got affected my BurstMedia , DoubleClick , MexiaPlex , Right_Media viruses, I am having spybot installed but it does seems to be capable of removing these virus, I wanted to know if there is another way of getting rid of them, I want to remove them as soon as possible, so help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: BurstMedia , DoubleClick , MexiaPlex , Right_Media virus not removable by spybot

Burst Media is a spyware cookie which keeps on tracking personal information while we browse the web, you can use Spyware Cease for getting rid of it. You just have to carry out below simple steps for removing BurstMedia virus:
    • First download and install Spyware Cease.
    • Run a full online scan
    • Once BurstMedia threat gets detected you can simply click on “Remove” for deleting the malicious items related to it.

Re: BurstMedia , DoubleClick , MexiaPlex , Right_Media virus not removable by spybot

For getting rid of Doubleclick Popup Ads you can follow below workaround:
    1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Notepad > select “"Run as Administrator” and click on OK.
    2. Now click on File > Open > Select "All Files" in the file type drop-down menu, navigate to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc and open Hosts file.
    3. After that copy – paste: "127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net" at the bottom of the file, save the changes you have made and close Notepad and you are done.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox as your web browser than you can follow this steps for removing Mediaplex:
    • Launch Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Privacy > select Show Cookies, type MediaPlex in Search and then click on clear.
    • If that doesn’t help then you should Remove All Cookies, you have to follow the above method and rather than typing anything in Search simply select Show Cookies and then click on Remove All Cookies.

I have posted Mediaplex removing instruction for Firefox but the process is generally same for all web browsers.

I am not sure if the above steps will work out for removing Mediaplex, incase if that doesn’t help then you can try deleting its files, registry values, file entries for removing it completely.

Kill Mediaplex processes:
    • You should stop all processes related to Mediaplex, for that start Task Manager, click on Processes tab, select a process which you find related to Mediaplex and click on End Process button, you will have to end all processes related to Mediaplex one by one.

Deleting registry values:
    • Go to start, click on run, type "regedit" without the quotes in there and click on ok.
    • When you get Registry Editor opened, navigate to key related to Mediaplex, click on it and press delete for deleting that key.

Unregistering DLL:
    • For unregistering DLL files related to Mediaplex, open command prompt, type "regsvr32 /u " without the quotes and hit enter.
    • Now if you find DLL file related to Mediaplex in C:\windows\system32 then you should type "regsvr32 /u C:\windows\system32\myDll.dll" without the quotes and hit enter. The path of the dll file related to Mediaplex might vary, so confirm that you are unregistering dll related to Mediaplex and not others.

Right_Media is also a spyware cookie which generates popups and track personal information while we browse the web, you can remove it manually if you are not able to get rid of it by carrying out a scan:

For Internet Explorer:
    Open Internet explorer , Click on Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Files > and delete the below cookies from the list, you just have to right click on these cookies and select delete:
    Rightmedia
    Rightmedia.txt
    Rightmedia.com

For Mozilla Firefox:
    Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools > Options > Privacy > Click on View Cookies > Once you get list of Stored Cookies, delete the same cookies that have been mentioned above, checkmark "Don't allow sites that set removed cookies to set future cookies" and click on ok.