Thread: What is Asus Network iControl

What is Asus Network iControl

I helped my friend recently in assembling a new computer. There is a asus motherboard installed in that. After all setup we found a utility called as Asus iControl. I searched on web about this and found this utility can affect internet connectivity. What is this tool used for. I need detailed information on the same. I cannot locate anything better in the motherboard manual. Thanks.

Re: What is Asus Network iControl

I found that this service limit your internet connectivity. I have a similar board that comes with utility. I had uninstalled it and it worked fine. My internet connection was reduced to half because of it. It is better not to turn it on.

This is a useless tool. It is designed to make your network connectivity better. In this you have option to configure the internet connection on the base of usage. You can set the internet priority on the base of usage and the utility will limit the bandwidth on that basis. It is simple and has basic interface. There are options like Game, Movie and Email. If you configure the Game you get maximum bandwidth. To some extent I am not able to understand what is the use of this utility. It says that the tool has ability to limit internet connection on the basis of application you are working on.

Like if you had chosen email then your email will receive maximum bandwidth while others will be get lesser. I do not know how this can be help much. I had tested this for some while and quiet not happy with the same. My video streaming is affected because of this. I had not option other than turning the same. The application has option in which you can add or configure the app as per your need. You can add or remove the apps and set the priority of internet usage. This works well but configuration is too time wasting.

I am not sure this is helpful and who has time to configure different apps on the basis of bandwidth usage. If you turn that on it will work on default settings making your internet connectivity much slower and irritating.

It is good for those who wants one app to use the maximum bandwidth. One thing I had also noticed that it reduces the bandwidth to 50% making it a bit irritating to use. I tried to use this for sometime but at the end of day I was fed up. It has a simple interface and setup configuration, but the profiles are not well configured. This somehow is good for a number of pc which share the internet connection of one computer. You can limit the bandwidth and make other to use low bandwidth. There are number of software that you can use for that. I had seen much better third party software that can help use to configure and prioritize the network connectivity.

I will not recommend you to use it. It is not buggy but has certain limitation and you need to make many changes on your own. If you hook up IE to use maximum bandwidth, then your outlook will work slower. While when you turn on the same the application usage is divided as per the router or modem that is connected. It is good for those who wants to limit bandwidth usage for certain application if there are number of users using the same computer.

That is really a useless utility. Asus must have provided some more decent utility. Instead of bandwidth limitation it is better we can have some networking monitoring utility which can provide better results.

You can remove that from control panel if you do not want it. It is not annoying but a bit different and needs manual configuration. Somehow it is good to limit bandwidth of application. Like Firefox, Opera, etc they download updates. The same is applicable for Windows Update also. You can addup this apps inside the utility. The utility will limit the data usage. You can then run other apps and games and get higher number of internet connectivity. iControl comes inside Asus suite. There is a simple off button that you can use to turn this service off completely.

Somehow there can be issues with internet bandwidth. I am not sure about the reason but it is good to control your internet connect as per your need. Here you do not need to play with the router settings nor you have install any software. It works silently. You can turn it off and make the bandwidth even for each activity. There is a documentation available for those who required proper information on its usage. There are ample of users who might be confused with this. Check for the document properly. It is a complete guide tell you about all configure settings you need. There is a online version of the same also available.

There are number of discussion on iControl. Many did not liked it. People had blindly reported that this can limit your internet bandwidth to 50% leaving a very annoying result. You must keep this thing off or remove it.

iControl has some kind of issue. When you configure it and make all changes that you need it limits your internet bandwidth to 50%. I do not know why. I had tried to check number of things here. I had configured web browsers to get maximum bandwidth but still the download is low. This is a bit different app that is really buggy. It looks that the lan driver is responsible for that. You can upgrade the same and check again. I am sure it will work, but needs a proper configuration.

I had tried the same. The lan drivers does nothing. It is a worthless to use. I am using a third party tools for limiting my internet bandwidth. It is more effective compare to others. I had removed this long before.