Thread: Remove Live platinum Security virus with spybot

Remove Live platinum Security virus with spybot

My system has got affected by Live platinum Security virus, I have installed spybot and have run a full scan but it is not removing Live platinum Security virus. My system is up to date and I have installed all recommended updates, I have installed latest version of spybot as well. Is there anything I can do about it?

Re: Remove Live platinum Security virus with spybot

I wanted to know if you have tried removing live platinum Security virus running spybot in safe mode? If not then give that a try and see if that’s making any difference in your case. I also wanted to share that Live platinum Security is a fake anti-malware application and you should remove it as soon as possible.

After your suggestion I have tried removing it by running spybot in safe mode but that’s not appearing to e making any difference in my case. I wanted to know if there is anything I can try out further to get rid of it as I don’t think spybot is capable of dealing with it.

Yes Live Security Platinum is a fake antivirus program, once it gets installed then it will pretend as if it is looking for malicious software and will throw fake virus warnings, it belongs to Rogue:Win32/Winwebsec malware family, it is capable of blocking legitimate antivirus softwares as well as other utilities which you might be using for disabling it. If you don’t remove it as soon as possible it will continue to operate and fraud your online banking and credit details. You can follow the below steps for getting rid of this malware:
    • First restart your computer with Safe Mode with Networking, go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Uninstall.
    • Once it gets uninstalled Launch Internet Explorer and go in to Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab > click on Lan Settings > uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” checkbox and click on ok.
    • Now download Spyware Doctor and run full system scan for getting rid of it completely.

You can remove it manually as well, you just have uninstall it from add remove program first and delete below files, folders and registries.

For window xp:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS]\
    %UserProfile%\Desktop\Live Security Platinum.lnk
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Platinum\
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Platinum\Live Security Platinum.lnk

For windows vista and windows 7:
    C:\ProgramData\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS]\
    %UserProfile%\Desktop\Live Security Platinum.lnk
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Platinum\
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Platinum\Live Security Platinum.lnk

Registry values:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce "[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS]"
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\

You can use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE antivirus and HitmanPro for getting rid of this malware completely.

Follow the below steps for removing Live Security Platinum malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:
    • Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE edition, once it gets installed launch it, click on Scanner, select Perform full scan and click on scan button.
    • Once the scanning process gets started it will list all Live Security Platinum malicious files, when you get a message saying “Scan was completed” simply click on ok, check out the result and click on Remove Selected button.
    • When process gets completed restart your system and proceed testing your system with HitmanPro.

Removing left over infections of Live Security Platinum malware with HitmanPro:
    • Download and install HitmanPro, once it gets installed launch it and run a full scan.
    • The scan process will take time depending on the size of your hard drive
    • When the scanning process gets completed all malicious files will be listed in a screen, then click on next.
    • Now click on Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and then remove the malicious files.

These are the file that has to be removed for getting rid of live platinum Security:

Files:
    %Desktopdir%\Live Security Platinum.lnk
    %Programs%\Live Security Platinum\Live Security Platinum.lnk
    %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe

Registry entries:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[random] %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe,0
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\DisplayName Live Security Platinum
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” -u
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\UninstallString “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” –u

If you want then you can check out a video on you tube for removing Live platinum Security, Just Google out “How to Manually Remove Live Security Platinum Virus “.