Thread: spybot error "c:\windows\syswow64\gameux.dll is either not designed"

spybot error "c:\windows\syswow64\gameux.dll is either not designed"

I have installed spybot Ver 1.6.2.46 in my system and things are working fine as far as update and other tasks are concerned but when I am clicking on check for problems then I get below error message:
    "c:\windows\syswow64\gameux.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error."
    When I get this error message, spybot get freeze and I have to kill its process by going in to task manager. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Re: spybot error "c:\windows\syswow64\gameux.dll is either not designed"

I have encountered same error message while checking for problems, even I have been looking after a fix for this issue but I haven’t come across any effective solution:

Any help for fixing this will be appreciative.

I will suggest you both to run a sfc /scannow command and check out if that’s helping. This command will check out if there is any corrupted system files and will try to fix it as well. You can follow the below steps for running sfc /scannow command:
    • Go to start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Once you get the command prompt open, simply type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit enter
    • A small scanning process will get started, so wait until the process gets completed, it will let you know about the problems it will encounter.

I am not sure about your cases but while checking out for this issue I have come across one running into similar problem. In his case his gameux.dll was in C:\Windows\System32 and not In C:\Windows\SYSWOW64, after copying gameux.dll in C:\Windows\SYSWOW64 he got “check for problems” working, no more freeze. I will suggest you both to check about it carry out the appropriate solution if you both are having similar case.

I have tried running sfc /scannow command and it didn’t help me, I tried checking out for gameux.dll and it was already there in C:\Windows\SYSWOW64. Anyways I have fixed out the issue by reinstalling spybot, will suggest others to carry out the same if they don’t find above solutions helping.