Thread: OS X ML Error: "The error occurred while processing a command of type 'setState' in plug-in 'servermgr_netboot'."

OS X ML Error: "The error occurred while processing a command of type 'setState' in plug-in 'servermgr_netboot'."

Whenever I am trying to configure OS X Serve then I am getting an error message saying the below thing:
    "The error occurred while processing a command of type 'setState' in plug-in 'servermgr_netboot'."
    I don’t have much idea about the same, so is there anyone who can help me out for getting rid of this error? Any help on this issue will be appreciative.

Re: OS X ML Error: "The error occurred while processing a command of type 'setState' in plug-in 'servermgr_netboot'."

While I was checking out regarding this error, I have come across one mentioning that the above error comes up when Wi-Fi is used as network interface. If you will switch to Ethernet then you won’t get the same error again, just turn off Wi-Fi and then you won’t get the same error again. You can select Ethernet option under Access > Settings > Enable NetInstall Settings > click on edit and check mark ‘enable Ethernet” option.

I am not sure if this is a bug or it has been meant to work like that but the mentioned trick really helped me out in getting rid of the error. Just give it a try and let me know if it helps.

Re: OS X ML Error: "The error occurred while processing a command of type 'setState' in plug-in 'servermgr_netboot'."

I have encountered the same error, in my case I was getting this error message when I was trying to configure Mountain Lion Server NetRestore. Later I came across the above workaround and enabled Ethernet rather than wifi and no more error message. I was able to configure it out without any further issues.

I find MT Lion Server NetRestore of much sense now; if you want then you can check out MT Lion Server NetInstall as well. Apple has really made Managing users, groups, shares, services better in both NetRestore and NetInstall.