Thread: Mountain Lion WiFi Problems

Mountain Lion WiFi Problems

I have updated my Macbook Pro 13 to Mountain Lion and since then I am facing issue with its wifi. It gets connected fine to my homenetwork but after a minute or two it losses the connection and I have to turn off wifi and turn it on again to get it working. I don’t know if this is some kind of software bug or hardware, I have tried rebooting my Macbook several times but that’s just not helping. I just wanted to if anyone else has faced the same and has some idea for fixing it?

Re: Mountain Lion WiFi Problems

I was facing same issue after installing Mountain Lion on my Macbook but it wasn’t that frequent. My Macbook used to loose wifi connection frequently at any specific interval and I had to turn it on and off like you to get it working. I did that quite fewer times but later while as suggested by my friends I deleted the Wifi connection and set it back up. Since then I have not faced any issue with wifi and things are working fine.

I will suggest you to do the same, just give it a try and let me know if that’s helping you as well.

I was going to suggest you the same, even I have gone through the same issue after installing Mountain Lion for the very first time. I did not had any problem with my Ethernet connection it was just with wifi, in beginning I thought that there was something wrong with my home network but after checking while going through basic trouble shooting steps for wifi connection I was able to fix mine by deleting Wifi connection and setting it again. I had also renewed the IP to be at the safer side. I haven’t faced any drop in my wifi connection since that. I don’t know what the issue all about was but it has not occurred after resetting the connection.

These are possible solutions that I have come across for fixing such wifi issues.
    • Resetting wifi connection
    • Renewing ip address
    • Updating the firmware of the router and reconfiguring its setting
    • Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and restarting wifi
    • Setting router to G network rather than N

You can try out these solutions and one of them should help you out.

Yes there can be different cause for this issue, in my case I had tried out resetting router and my wifi connection but I was still encountering drop out. Later after going through some trouble shooting steps, I updated firmware of my router, configured it's setting again and restarted the wifi connection and it worked!! Anyways other than the above mentioned solutions there are some more that you can try out if you don’t fine the above ones to be making difference in your case.
    1. Add a New Network Location and Renew DHCP
    2. Change MTU Size
    3. Change the channel of your router