Thread: Cannot enable wireless with TL-WN861N v2

Cannot enable wireless with TL-WN861N v2

I have installed TL-WN861N v2 miniPCI 802.11N card in my system and I did not had any issue in installing the driver for the same but I am not able to activate the wireless connection as wireless active LED on the laptop is not lighting up. I don’t know what’s the issue all about, can the card itself be faulty or there is something I need to check out? Any ideas?

Re: Cannot enable wireless with TL-WN861N v2

Just try performing the below steps and see if you are getting any help from it.
    • First download and extract the latest software from here and then Open Device Manager>Expand Network Adapters> uninstall existing wireless card and reboot your system.
    • Now install your TL-WN861N v2 miniPCI 802.11N card in minPCI slot, attach the antennas and reboot the computer.
    • Upon restart go to extracted TP-Link software folder and run Setup.exe and make sure that you are installing drivers only and not TP-Link management utility.
    • Once you have installed the driver successfully restart your laptop again and Use Windows wireless management software for configuring SSID, password, security, TCP/IP, etc.

Best of luck.

Re: Cannot enable wireless with TL-WN861N v2

I have tried out uninstalling and reinstalling latest driver for my TL-WN861N v2 miniPCI 802.11N card several times but no avail. Wireless active LED on the laptop is still not lighting up, it appears as if I have bought a faulty card, is there anything that I need to check out further rather than getting it checked from the store that I have bought.