Thread: Trendnet TEW-423PI won’t work in windows xp

Trendnet TEW-423PI won’t work in windows xp

I am having a desktop running on windows xp and I have recently bought and installed Trendnet TEW-423PI on the same. I don’t know if there is something wrong with the card or my desktop as it keeps dropping the connection. I did not had any issue while installing it but now after installing it I am not able to get it working properly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times but I am getting the same response from it, can there be any issue with the Trendnet TEW-423PI? It gets connected to my home network without any issue but the connection doesn’t stay’s stable. Any ideas what might be wrong? Any suggestion for solving the same?

Re: Trendnet TEW-423PI won’t work in windows xp

I have come across a number of people facing such issue, anyways as far as trouble shooting is concerned you can try out rebooting your router and even resetting it and reconfiguring it. If at all you don’t get any help doing that then you can try updating the firmware of your router as well as driver of your Trendnet TEW-423PI card. You can get the latest firmware from their official site respectively. If you still face the same issue after all these then there might be something wrong with your wireless card and you will have to get it checked. A simple way will be checking out in some other machine to find out if there is actually something wrong with the card or your system.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the card or the system but I am sure there is nothing wrong with my home network. I have tried connecting my laptop to the same and haven’t faced any issues like that, I can get a stable connection using my laptop. I have tried rebooting the router and my desktop several time and have updated routers firmware and wireless cards driver to the latest as well but no luck yet. Currently I am not having another system where I can check out the card but will surely give it a try and will post back the result I get.

Testing out your card in other system will be a better idea, since you are not having another system around you completely I will suggest you to turn off your antivirus or security program and check the connection. There are possibilities that they might be interfering with your desktop wireless connection. Other than this you should also make sure that "Security Type" and "Encryption Type" in "Security" tab of Wireless Network Properties is similar to what you have configured for the router. If they differ then there are chances where your router might be disconnecting the connection for maintaining Security. So just check out these things and let me know if you are getting any help from them, best of luck.

So now I have tried disabling and antivirus program that I was running in my desktop but I really don’t see any difference. The connection is not staying stable at all, I have checked out the "Security Type" and "Encryption Type" and they are similar to what I have configured for the router. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. I feel I have bought a faulty card, I will check it out in other system as soon as possible and if doesn’t work then I’ll get a replacement for the same.