Thread: Acer Aspire One 532h wireless will not find any networks

Acer Aspire One 532h wireless will not find any networks

I own Acer Aspire One 532h and I was not having any issue with it previously, since installing windows 7 I am going through a weird issue. There is something wrong with Atheros AR5B95 wireless network adapter, I mean that it does not finds any network after a reboot and to get it working I have to flash bios every time, it works fine after flashing the bios. The same thing happens if I reboot the system again, I don’t know why the hell it needs a bios flash every time to work. I am just tired of doing that again and again, is there anything I can do to fix this issue??

Re: Acer Aspire One 532h wireless will not find any networks

I wanted to know if you have updated your bios to the latest from its official site ? Just make sure that you are having the latest one. Other than this you can try turning off the power saving options so that your wireless network adapter doesn’t turns off. If doing that doesn’t makes any difference in your case then try uninstalling and reinstalling Atheros AR5B95 and see if that’s making. You should also install all the latest update for it. Just try out these things first and post back the response you get.

Yes I am have installed latest bios for the motherboard and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Atheros AR5B95 wireless network adapter several times but that’s not making any difference. I have installed all the recommended updates via windows update and have tried installing the latest drivers from its official site as well but no avail. I also wanted to add that I am not having any issue with the Ethernet but it is just with wireless network. I have inspected my home network as well and I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. Other devices connected to it are just working fine, the problem is just with my system. As I have mentioned I did not had any issues when I was using windows xp in my system, it all started after updating to windows 7. Can there be any incompatibility issue and all?? I don’t think so but I am not sure about it??

I think there might be something wrong with your network card, since you are having other working machine around you I will suggest you to better check out your network card there and check out the response you are getting. If it works fine then you will have to perform more troubleshooting to your system, if it doesn’t then you will have to get your network card checked or replaced. Just try out what I have suggested and let me know what you find so that you can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

So I have tried that now, I am really surprised to see that my network card is working fine in other system. I am quite sure now that there is nothing wrong with the network card but I am still not able to find out what’s stopping it from working properly in my system. I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but no luck yet. Is there anything else that I need to check out? Is there any further solution that I can try? Will reinstalling windows help? Further help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Even am thinking about the same, I mean if there is nothing wrong in the bios, nothing wrong with the driver and nothing wrong with the card then what’s causing it to react so. Anyways I will suggest you to try out clearing the cmos and see if that’s helping.

You can try out the easiest method of clearing the cmos, Just turn off the system, unplug the power cord, take out the battery, wait for some time and then put things back and turn on the system. If you don’t get any help after clearing the bios then you can try out replacing the cmos battery as well. Just give it a try and see if you are getting any luck with that, best of luck.