Thread: wireless continuously dropping on ASUS G74S

wireless continuously dropping on ASUS G74S

I am having ASUS G74S Netbook and I don’t know what’s wrong with it, whenever I try to connect it to my home network it gets connected fine. I can see the signal strength to be high as well but the connection keeps dropping after certain interval. I have tried rebooting my Netbook as well as my router but I am not getting any help from it. The connection still keeps on dropping, is there anything I can try to fix this issue?? Any suggestion?

Re: wireless continuously dropping on ASUS G74S

First you will have to find out whether this is an issue with the router or your laptop. If you think it might be because of router than you can try out restoring it to factory defaults or updating the firmware of your router. If that does not makes any difference I your case then you can try updating the wireless network adapter driver of your laptop. Just make sure that in both cases you are updating to the latest firmware and the driver. Just check out these things and let me know if you are getting any help.

I have tried updating the firmware of the router as well as wireless network adapter driver of my laptop but I am not getting any help from that. The issue is still the same, I don’t think there is anything wrong with the router but it is somewhere with my ASUS G74S. Actually I have tried connecting my other laptop with my home network and they are working fine without any issues. I have used them for hours and there was no connecting drop out at all. Since my ASUS G74S is quite new I don’t think there should be any problem with it but I am not able to track down the cause of the issue. Is there anything that I need to check out further?

I am not sure but I think that your ASUS G74S is losing connection because of router's attempt to maintain security. Just check out the "Security Type" and "Encryption Type" in the "Security" tab of Wireless Network Properties and make sure that it is same as that of what you have configured on router. I also wanted to know if you have installed some software recently?? There are possibilities that some software might be conflicting with your ASUS G74S connection. Just troubleshoot things I have suggested and let me know what you find so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

Even I think so, you should try disabling your antivirus or other security program to check if they are causing the issue. As you have mentioned there is nothing wrong with the router and you have updated your wireless network adapter driver as well, I really doubt some software or your antivirus interrupting with the connection. Just wanted to know are you getting any error message or any kind of pop up when the connection is getting dropped?? If so then make a note of the same and post back in your next reply for further help.

Yes you can very well check out the things mentioned above but if they don’t make any difference in your case then I will doubt wireless network card of your laptop.

There can be something wrong with it as well, If possible better get it checked. I also wanted to know if you ever got a stable connection using ASUS G74S with your home network.

No I dint, I had bought it a month ago and had not connected it to the home network as I was out of town. I have just connected it yesterday after configuring everything but I am not able to get a stable connection. I don’t know why even I am thinking now that there is something wrong with the wireless card of the laptop. By now I think I have tried out all the possible solution mentioned above for fixing this issue but no avail.

I will be getting it checked a day after tomorrow so until then if anyone is aware of some solution that I can try out further then do let me know, it will be appreciative.