Thread: How does Panda Cloud Antivirus works

How does Panda Cloud Antivirus works

I am looking for a power security solution for my small home network. I have a hotspot also which allows many to share my internet connection. For that purpose I found Panda Cloud antivirus. I am already using a home version of that. But want to upgrade the same now.

I want to know how this antivirus works and what type of protection does it provides. What is this cloud thing in it. Is there any other version other than this cheaper then I would go for the same. I am not able to locate the correct version on the basis of my requirement. Can anyone guide me for the same.

Re: How does Panda Cloud Antivirus works

A cloud antivirus offers you some online engine to stay secure. There are possibilities that due to infection the existing system can be affected, but because of cloud support you get real time protection support.

The antivirus edition choice depends on your need. There is a free, home and pro version. Among them you can go for the free for minimal support. If you are not business or office then this is quiet enough. What you will not get in free version is a community firewall, public wifi protection, usb vaccination, vip support, and add free window. So that can be adjustable. All this support are added in the pro version which will cost you $29.99 for year. The antivirus is good and compared to there it does rely on installed file. The cloud engine helps the antivirus scanner to perform a more better operation and virus check. So there are less chances that any antivirus can be left. You need good internet support for the same.

The cloud support makes the antivirus system free. The new version offers a better protection malware, spyware, root-kits, etc. It has improved virus engine which scans and detects many threats easily. Another thing, in the new version the performance is improved to great extent. It is very lightweight and easy to configure. The scan speed is reduced to 50% . The current edition 2.0 also provides you upgrades for offline support.

That looks cool features. I am older version of panda and will update that. For the cloud thing I want to tell, it is of not worth on the free edition. A pro edition on the same has ample of support.

Cloud support makes the antivirus more light. It gives a distinct protection mode to it, compare to others. Like there is a automated real-time file detection mode where it became easier for the antivirus to classify number of threats. Above all the antivirus is very light in use. I am sure you will never find any other antivirus so thin and light. It works smoothly on slower system also. There are some new technique used through cloud support.

This offers you detecting the most latest and unknown threat without getting worried about the virus. The antivirus is light and more secure. It gives you fast protection and cloud scanning support. So even if you think that your system has too much virus, this will help you to get rid of them one by one. Because of cloud support, there is no need to download and run updates every time in your system. This updates are installed on the cloud server.

I really liked those features. The current edition that I has is a 2.0 pro version. This provides a antivirus, antispyware, anti rootkit, behavior analysis, firewall, process monitor, pc vaccination, usb device vaccination, cloud-based solution (Collective Intelligence) and tech support.

I have a about one thing. If there is no internet connection or like on laptop you cannot get 24x7 net support. It is a portable device that you usually carry everywhere you go. At a time when you are using it without internet, what would be the result.

And at that time if I insert a usb drive in my system which has a infection will Panda detect it. Or it mostly relies on the internet connectivity to find the virus and clean it up. I hope this antivirus has some kind of solution related to offline protection also. Those who stay online 24x7, Panda is good for them. But somehow for offline users this can be risky.

Go for the pro version it not much costly. There is a offline protection in that. Cloud support does not means the antivirus needs to be stay online 24x7. It can protect your system without net support also.

That is a common doubt which everyone will have in this mind. Panda offers a power protection and the best thing about this antivirus is, it is very light. The new version 2.0 only has a alternative for offline protection. Mostly all panda updates are installed on cloud server making your system more secure and stable. Now there are chances that virus may infect you if you are offline. For that you must go for the pro version only. The behavioral analysis engine came with improvement for offline protection. This improvement has made panda more powerful. This is a enhanced firewall provided to protect your system for any intrusion and easy to use features. In free version you cannot find much support.

Panda is a very thin antivirus. It is light and easy to use. I had just upgraded the same and found it very effective. I will recommend everyone to test the free version first and if you liked you can upgrade it. There are seperate edition for home and business use.