Thread: Getting error "Immunization Incomplete" with Spybot S&D

Getting error "Immunization Incomplete" with Spybot S&D

I have been getting this message along with a long text from past few days. The problem is that the error messages the completely not meant at least for my system. It says that other security software on my computer system does not look similar at the immunization changes. Now as I said that message is nowhere relating to my system as there is no such alternative security software running in my computer. in fact I never downloaded or installed or deleted any antivirus or security software from my computer ever. After I formatted my PC last month Spybot S&D is the only software that I am running into it then how come I am getting this kind of problem? Anyone with any alternate suggestion? I am running windows XP SP 3 in my machine.

Re: Getting error "Immunization Incomplete" with Spybot S&D

First of all let me tell you that there are numerous things that are actually responsible for the Immunization to go incomplete. It includes lots of things like the existence of other alternative antivirus software, also the presence of ZoneAlarm and STOPzilla. So for recognizing your problem you will have to elaborate certain specified things. And you will also have to make sure that you take all sort of precautions while you try to immunize.

• Firstly just tell me which browser you are using
    • Secondly let me know whether you exit the browser while you immunize
    • What about the user rights? Do you run the software as Admin or normally?

Yes, the above person has spoken the truth. Immunization failure is completely due to multiple reasons which sometimes become difficult to identify. I myself have noticed incomplete immunization various number of times, but I do follow certain tricks in order to avoid any conflict and continue the process.

1. If I get incomplete Immunization error I simply undo immunization and then again try to immunize all over again. If this doesn’t work I make the use of Check again feature. You might find this feature at the top most side of the Spybot S&D window (in the Menu bar). Try this option
    2. And if in case even this option doesn’t help you then the last option left from my side is to click on the immunization tab for the last time. In my case sometimes clicking on the immunization tab again runs fine.

Also with my suggested option make sure that you also verify the above asked questions i.e. check whether you are logged in as admin and also remember to exit the browser while immunizing

I do exit the browser whenever I immunize but still I get incomplete Immunization error. Let me verify and clear everything, first of all I am running an Internet Explorer 8 browser in my computer and as I already faced some problem with windows 7 previously I simply switched to windows Vista. Now while Immunization I do close the browser properly. Then the second most important thing, I am always logged in as Admin while I use Spybot S&D but doing all this does not show any proper improvement. Undoing, then using the check again function and also clicking on the immunization tab for another time doesn’t seems to be helping at all. Overall trying out all the above suggestions are not helping at all.

Look I am not sure but after looking at the entire scenario I feel that the problem is with the front Global Hosts checkbox. You might have not activated the checkbox properly. What you can do is tick the Global checkbox once again and then run the immunizer. I am sure this will help you to get rid of the problem.

I do exit the browser whenever I immunize but still I get incomplete Immunization error. Let me verify and clear everything, first of all I am running an Internet Explorer 8 browser in my computer and as I already faced some problem with windows 7 previously I simply switched to windows Vista.
    As already stated above there are various reasons for the immunizer to not function completely. Few of them have already listed above but still there are other possibilities which might be one of the reasons for the problem. As you are a vista user this could be very much helpful to you.

Vista system does face an incomplete immunization error. Therefore it is always recommended them to run immunization elevated. If you don’t do this no doubt definitely your all the global immunizations will be failed. About the other windows users i would still suggest to do the same but for Vista users it is strictly suggested to follow this instruction.

OK, I understood the problem. The only common thing that I can notice is the browser. This is not the first time I am hearing about this problem but also my other friends are facing this same incomplete Immunization error. You know what? There is a similarity between all of them facing this problem. It’s the Internet Explorer 8. I am sure everything facing the problem might be running Internet Explorer 8. There is a problem with Internet Explorer 8 and Spybot S&D. the best thing you could do is simply download the latest update through your windows update which is released by Microsoft.

Make sure that you get the latest updates by Microsoft or get the update KB969897. Internet Explorer 8 and the immunization feature are causing the problem of slow start up.

You may face such incomplete immunization issue due to the following problem:

• If AVG antivirus is installed, this software may restrict immunization for a huge number of entries in IE 8
    • If you are a Zone Alarm user then let me tell you that this is responsible for blocking the entire immunization of Windows: Global by simply not allowing some files from modifying
    • StopZilla users; StopZilla does the same thing. it stops the immunization of Windows: Global by just not allowing this file from modifying or changing