Thread: Immunize feature of spybot is not working for all browser

Immunize feature of spybot is not working for all browser

Why is it so that I am only able to make the spybot’s Immunizer feature for only limited browser and not for all of the existing ones? As far as I know I did the installation of the software correctly in my computer system. And also before the installation I made sure that Spybot S&D is well compatible with my windows machine. I do have a windows 7 Home 32 bit system.

The Immunize feature works well for Mozilla Firefox. It does gives the full protection to this browser but the case is not the same with Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome. They do not get any protection. Why is it so? Is there anyone who is getting the same trouble with this software? Is there something to do with the software or my windows system?

Re: Immunize feature of spybot is not working for all browser

Is there any error which you get while you check for the protection of Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome? The reason I am asking you is because I get an error message saying that “the problem is either with the Zone Alarm or the AVG” (both of them are installed into my system). I thought might be there is some kind of conflict between Spybot S&D and AVG, Zone Alarm.

So therefore to remove the conflict I simply turned off both Zone Alarm and AVG but unfortunately nothing worked. I noticed that still Spybot S&D was providing protection to only one browser leaving other unprotected. Getting only limited protection is not at all acceptable and also I do not see any reason of keeping Spybot S&D in my computer which fails to provide full protection to my computer. even I am currently helpless and need some help. Other than turning of the existing antivirus software I also did a windows update and as expected it didn’t help at all.

I think there is a simple mistake that both your people are committing. Might be you are not trying to run Spybot S&D as administrator. It has been already mentioned that running Spybot S&D as administrator would provide you a safe and smooth access. In fact the same thing has also been told in the FAQ section of Spybot S&D webpage.

Better you people try to Run this software as administrator and see what happens. I am sure this time you will get a full protection to your computer.

I won’t that running the software will definitely help you sorting out your issue but somewhere there are possibility that Spybot S&D is not being able to give protection to all your browsers just because it’s not getting all the rights from administrator. Just follow the steps to run Spybot S&D as administrator:

• If Spybot S&D is present in your Start Menu just navigate till there or in Start type Spybot Search & Destroy
    • Now right click on Spybot S&D option and from the menu select the second option i.e. Run as Administrator

I still do not have any idea whether the issue is with the Spybot S&D or with my computer system but I just know that trying the same software in my other windows XP SP2 system does work well. This is where I felt that this might be a windows problem and not anything else. With my other system where the problem is existing I used to always run as administrator, also the other machine in which the software runs fine is running as administrator. The only difference between both the machines is that one is windows 7 and the other one is windows XP.

The one with windows 7 is facing this problem where as the other one with windows XP is running smoothly without any trouble. Last week I simply switched my windows 7 32 bit system to windows XP and guess what? Now the Spybot S&D software is doing well and fine without any trouble. Better you at least one try your hands with Windows XP and try to run the software as administrator in your XP machine. I am sure the problem will be erased.

In my case I am able to scan the files successfully and completely but I have noticed that whenever I enable immunization it just reaches to few of the files and not to the other section of it. I never took it as a problem because ultimately the software is able to scan the files (don’t know how but it manages to find the files properly even after reaching to a limited files). At least it is better than what I used to face previously with windows 7 system. Now I am running windows XP SP3 and I run Spybot S&D as administrator.