Thread: How to restore Spybot's maximized window

How to restore Spybot's maximized window

My system is windows XP Pro SP2 and recently few weeks ago I installed Spybot S&D. within these few weeks I encountered an issue. Might be it is not an issue (it must be a normal behavior of this software) but somehow it is irritating me a lot and therefore I am calling it as an issue.

I have found that whenever I open Spybot S&D in my computer it opens up occupying the entire screen. And when I tried to restore it down it directly minimizes. In short the window either maximizes or minimizes but never restores. I thought that there is a bug in this program. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem? Please guide me if you have got any appropriate solution for this problem.

Re: How to restore Spybot's maximized window

Yes, there is a bug in the program and the bug is in the maximize/restore button that is present at the extreme top right side of the window. I am getting the same problem. suppose if I open Spybot S&D program, it by default opens up in a full screen and in order to restore it whenever i click at the restore button that is present in between the minimize and exit button to restore the windows, the button simply changes to Maximize symbol but the windows doesn’t shows any change. It still stays maximize. I guess modifying the size of the widow might play a trick for you. I mean simply drag the corner of the windows towards the inner side and try to make a huge difference between the maximize and the restore window size. There may be chances that your window’s maximum and restore options are sharing the same size window which is confusing you.

This is what even I was thinking. There may be possibility that your maximum window size and restore window size are both one and the same. If you are maximizing the windows it might expand at certain size but if you restore the window, even at that time it might end up restoring at the same size.

I am not sure what could be the problem in your case but I would suggest you to try the following that I tried in my case. When you open the Spybot first check whether it is at which state (whether maximizes or restore), if the 2nd option at the top right side of window displays maximize symbol then simply try to smaller the size of the windows from all the four corner of it. This might set your windows at a specific size for the restore option and also help you to differentiate window so that from next time you can make out whether your window is showing any difference while you click on restore or maximize option.

Technically the best I could suggest you is to reset the entire spybot window, not by resizing the window manually using the cursor. You can simply reset the values of the window to the default value from the system registry. System registry is the place where you can find the spybot window attributes stored.

Yeah that’s a great idea. Better to reset the spybot window attribute. And for doing this thing successfully you might need a .reg file. this .reg file which might help you to reset the window of the spybot program. However, I am not sure but I guess the content of the .reg file might be same with the
    Code:
    following values:
    "Left"=dword:000000c0
    "Top"=dword:000000a4
    "Width"=dword:00000280
    "Height"=dword:000001b8
    "WindowState"=dword:00000000

I too used to face the same problem once upon a time. there was not suggestions left from my side to try out but still the problem persisted. i even tried resetting the window but nothing worked. In my case even the minimize button used to malfunction.

Guess what? the problem is still existing in my program but yet I am using it in my computer with a work around. Yes, I have got a workaround for this problem. what I did is right click at the title bar and from there I maximize or minimize the window.