Thread: Need help to clean trojan.dropper.bcminer

Need help to clean trojan.dropper.bcminer

My system had got infected by trojan.dropper.bcminer and I just want to remove it somehow. I have heard that they can damage my data in the system, is that true?? Is there anyone who can help me out in getting rid of it? I am using free trial version of AVG but it is not removing it. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Need help to clean trojan.dropper.bcminer

Yes Trojan Dropper BCMiner is as hazardous Trojan horse and one should get rid of the same as soon as possible as it can steal your crucial data likes account/password setting. They are mostly delivered on the Internet and can enter your system because of network vulnerability. Anyways there is a “”Trojan Dropper BCMiner Removal Tool” that can help you in removing Trojan Dropper BCMiner.

You can follow the below steps for cleaning trojan.dropper.bcminer:

• First download this tool and install it. This will add a registry entry for disabling the virus. So when you get a registry warning message then click on yes.
    • After download this tool and install the same. Using this tool you can carry out a Scan and remove errors. There are possibilities that you won’t see trojan.dropper.bcminer name in the list as name of the virus in the database is different.
    • When you are done with the same then download this tool and install the same. Even this Tool will scan for viruses, spyware, Trojans and registry infections and remove them.
    • Once you have completed these things restart your computer in “Safe Mode with Network.” If at all the virus blocks the desktop and asks you for performing a scan then do the same. After the process you will get a screen where you can close the virus program. So just close it and open “Run” window.
    • When you get the command prompt then type “inetcpl.Cpl” without the quotes, now you will get Internet Properties window so click on Connections tab> LAN settings button> and uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option and click on ok.
    • Now open Run window and enter “iexplore http://www.thelivetech.com/fixexe” without the quotes click on ok and run the file.
    • Again open Run window and enter “iexplore iexplore http://www.thelivetech.com/speedpc” without the quotes click on ok and run the file.
    • Again open Run window and enter “iexplore http://www.thelivetech.com/scan” without the quotes click on ok and run the file.
    Doing so will remove the trojan.dropper.bcminer, If you face any further issues with the above solution then let me know.

You can try out the above solution but if that does not help then you can try using this tool.
    First you have to make all the folders visible you can do that by selecting View tab in explorer and checkmark “Show hidden files and folders.” Option.

Other than this Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files” as well.
    After making the above changes delete the below files:
    %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]
    %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe(Trojan.Dropper.BCMiner)

Now press Win+R buttons and type “regedit” without the quotes, when the registry editor gets opened then right-click on Computer and select export option for backing up copy of registry.

After backing up copy of registry remove the below registry entries:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Srvices\sr\Parameters
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Temp
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\LowRegistry

Once you have completed all of the above steps then do a thorough scan of your system with recommended antivirus like Microsoft Security Essentials 2012, Avast Free antivirus 2012, Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus 2012 Version or Comodo Free Antivirus Download 2012.