Thread: Is NIS 2012 compatible with Windows 8

Is NIS 2012 compatible with Windows 8

Hello, Am using Windows 8 Consumer Preview since its release. usually i need to keep my firewall off due to some my network reasons and i need to download many things from internet time to time. Hence i needed an Internet Security software that can keep me my system 100% safe. My first preference for the same is Norton Internet Security as i am using it since long time on my Windows XP computer. But before i buy one for me, i doubt if NIS 2012 is compatible with Windows 8 Because i have seen many of my friends facing problem with NIS 2012. So, i want to get a final suggestion from your guys whether Norton Internet Security will work with Windows 8 or not ? Please help.

Re: Is NIS 2012 compatible with Windows 8

Are you sure your friends are using NIS 2012 on their windows 8 ? Because me too using NIS 2012 and is working fine. I can say that it is 100% compatible with Windows 8.

FYI, Norton Utilities 15 is not compatible yet with Windows 8 and i guess you are confused between these two. Hence, confirm with your friends whether they are using NIS or Norton Utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhupathi View Post
    Are you sure your friends are using NIS 2012 on their windows 8 ? Because me too using NIS 2012 and is working fine. I can say that it is 100% compatible with Windows 8.
    Yeah, thats correct. Norton Internet security is compatible with Windows 8. Am using it since long time and it works in the same way it work on other operating system. 100 percent. It always shows me a large green SECURE button to me. There is nothing like any particular feature of NIS 2012 is not compatible with Windows 8. if you are here to get suggestion whether to use it with W8 or not, i'll say yes. Go for it. Your friends might be having some another problem.

`
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzing View Post
    Yeah, thats correct. Norton Internet security is compatible with Windows 8. Am using it since long time and it works in the same way it work on other operating system. 100 percent. It always shows me a large green SECURE button to me. There is nothing like any particular feature of NIS 2012 is not compatible with Windows 8. if you are here to get suggestion whether to use it with W8 or not, i'll say yes. Go for it. Your friends might be having some another problem.
    Thank you very much guys for the suggestions and helps. As you guys said, i bought NIS 2012 on my Windows 8 and seems to be working fine. Its been now a week i installed it and there is no problem yet.

But i have a question now. As you guys might be knowing Windows 8 Final version is releasing in next few months, will this license work on that version also ? I mean, i already used my Norton license on this consumer preview, will it work on final version again?

Well I can’t be so sure about that but I think yes, it will work. There is a simple login. Even Norton knows that we are in preview version of W8 that will come to an end in few months. There is nothing like we are installing the license on multiple systems. So, they should or I can say they will allow to use the same license on Windows 8 Final as well.