Thread: Looking for a good email checker and scanner

Looking for a good email checker and scanner

I need a good email checker and scanner. I am not asking about a antivirus here. Only email checker. I know there are tools but I am doubtful in using them. Can anyone give me highlights on the same. Are there any appropriate email checker tools. If yes then what are the features they provide and how they work. At my office I have 4 pc which are on a free antivirus program. But unfortunately there is no good email checking options in that. I can add up some third party tool which can work on minimum resources.

My work in based on regular mails and there are random images attached to it. Also if possible please provide me a tool that comes with a feature of checking duplicate emails. It is really time consuming for me to scan and verify all those mails which I had receive before. Thanks.

Re: Looking for a good email checker and scanner

Have a look on Scan Mail Checker. This tool can fulfill your needs. The software scan for duplicate emails and avoid those which are received by you already. I do not know how this works but it is really helpful. The program work by getting list of your emails. Those can be access in the form of csv format. Scan mail checker can verify email address and provide you information which is proper and which is not. It also remove the duplicate email address from the list. If you have tons of email ids and are not sure which to remove and which not then you can use this to verify which are under working condition.

The tool is best for those who receive thousands of mails daily. You can verify the address with this software and simply fight with spam well. It is not highly featured software nor it has any kind of email protection tool, but it is very useful and works on minimum resources. It is recommended for intranet networks. You can give a try and check how it can help you to checking your email accounts and mail.

It is a very basic free tool.

I will not recommend you to use Scan Mail Checker. It is a very basic tool, you said you need something that can scan your emails only. For that you will need a antivirus. I am sure there is no separate tool available for this process.

I am using AVG email scanner. This comes with the antivirus pack. I was also looking for the same thing that you had mentioned. I have a single outlook configured on my laptop. I receive hundreds of email daily. But I cannot directly open them nor I can download the attachment. AVG email scanner helps me to find which is a proper email and which is a infected. That is actually good for security. You said that you do not need a antivirus for that, but in my views if your existing antivirus is not capable of giving your internet security, better change it. Get some internet security pack. You will not require to search for third party software separately to scans your email only. Also the antivirus will protect your system from other day to day infections. Malware are the most common infection today which spreads via multiple sources. You cannot just ignore them or else you will face serious issue in future.

There is a online server called as GFI which provides email scanning support. It is good to fight with scan but this service works for exchange and other email servers.

There is a weird website called as some zzee.com. This site has a antivirus just made for emails. It is called as 1st Email Anti-Virus. I do not understand why they keep this name. Just to promote it, or make it popular very fast. This antivirus is for emails only. Basically for those who work on email clients. It gives you a pop3 security support where it filters the incoming content. Our incoming server is mostly configured on pop3 so it basically scans that. I am not sure whether this works with your existing antivirus or not.

When I visited the official website of this antivirus, I found that it does not works with popular email programs like gmail, yahoo, etc. So there is no use of having it if you those email ids. But if you have a intranet network with company server and pop3 configuration then this program can help you a lot. Along with this I will also recommend to keep a good antivirus with your system. You must not rely on such tools. Every antivirus that comes with good internet security features comes with mail scanner. They do not scan your emails, but they scan then attachment when you download them.

I will advice you to visit Symantec site once. They have powerful solution for email security and antispam tools. They offer a separate cloud to protect your emails from various threats.

I too agree that you must visit Symantec for that. There is a cloud protection service for your emails. Symantec offers a antivirus cloud which gives you complete protection from spam and other threats. Once you had setup and configured your emails on that you can work blindly. You have to provide certain details to this service so that your mails enters your through antivirus cloud. They first enter the cloud and are checked and when all is fine then enters your mail client. There is no need to have any kind of hardware or software changes. You can configure the same with your current mail server. What you need is to point your mx record to Symantec cloud server. This cloud server has filtered protection which bifurcate the mails as per threat detected. There is a free trail on web that you can test and for business purpose this one I would recommend. I am not sure what they charge but this tool is quiet powerful to protect your emails and system for any current threats. The mails that have virus are blocked by the cloud antivirus and kept quarantined. The admin who manages this is notified who can take necessary actions.

That would be more secure. Symantec offers quiet powerful products to protect you from various threats. You must keep a close watch on your emails also. A regular internet security can also work according to me.

If you have accounts in popular email site like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc then you do not need to worry about virus in mails. Their server are too protected with such stuff. If they found that your emails is getting spammed mail you can simply report them and they will be blocked permanently.

Also your attachments are scanned and check first before getting uploaded on the mail server. And if you have your companies email server then you have to take necessary steps to make it more secure. Antivirus software installed on the server does maximum job. It will block the threat files automatically.