Thread: Avast Webrep is not working at all

Avast Webrep is not working at all

I am sure this is not an Avast problem neither it is my browser issue as until yesterday everything was working well and fine. Without any reason the problem started. The only changes I did recently were with my browser. I updated my Firefox browser, updated to version 13.0. And let me tell you that even after I did the update everything was working fine. Currently the status is that whenever I try to open up any site I get a gray bar even with those reputed and genuine sites. Anyone else getting the same issue? Sharing resolved issue might be much useful.

Re: Avast Webrep is not working at all

I too have the same problem. But in my case looks like the problem resolves automatically after a single reboot. You know the most interesting and common thing in your case and my case is the update that we did. Even I have updated my firefox browser to 13.0 but even I don’t think that the problem is with this update. But I am sure there is something to do with the browser, might be firefox is the main cause. The reason I am being so confident is because I have noticed that the webrep works great with internet explorer 8. Let’s wait and watch what others have to say.

You know what, this problem is something which comes and then goes automatically. In most of the cases people do face the problem with the webrep but then they themselves get corrected. As you said that you get a grey bars while trying to open any website. Now such grey bars always indicate WR servers are unreachable. This is why the reason the problem gets solved itself.

Hey the problem is universal. Like consider me, I am facing this same problem with the webrep. I am sure firefox browser is the one that is showing the problem. webrep don’t know for what reason do not work at all with firefox but when Internet Explorer it works great. In my case I have a beta version of Avast so must be it is either firfox or the Avast Beta. Beta is eliminated from my list of doubtful cases as I am sure not everyone facing the problem must be having a Beta.

Also tried Google chorme, the problem remained the same in this browser too. One of my friends says that Google do not supports the Avast plugin.