Thread: Get rid of Avast antivirus "Upgrade to paid version" popup

Get rid of Avast antivirus "Upgrade to paid version" popup

I have installed Avast antivirus free version and I am getting a popup message saying "You've got basic protection, do you need more? ". I am not willing to get the paid version of the same and I just want to get rid of that popup message. I have tried un-checking all the community options but then that’s not helping. I am getting the popup with every virus definition update. I am really getting disappointed with the same and I want to know if there is a way to get rid of it. If yes then how.

Re: Get rid of Avast antivirus "Upgrade to paid version" popup

Even I am looking after a solution for the same, I was using Microsoft Security Essentials before but currently I have installed free version of Avast antivirus. Since then I am getting popup with every virus definition update like you, I have asked about the same to some of my friends and they have suggested me to simply uninstall Avast. I just wanted to know if this is an issue with all free antiviruses or just with avast. I am not tending to use avast but if there are some other free recommended antivirus that does not keep on giving popup message with every virus definition update then let me know.

If you are having issues with Avast then you can try out the below free antiviruses:
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Panda Cloud Antivirus
    • Avira AntiVir Personal Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

I don’t think that you will get popup after virus definition update with them. Just check it out and see anyone of them is satisfying you.

If you want then you can make the below changes in settings:
    • Info Alerts: 10 secs
    • Updates: 5 secs.
    • Warnings: 20 secs
    • Alerts: 20 secs

These setting will help you in making a strong visual impact,if you want then you can change Nag Pop Ups: 5 secs. This will be quite quick and you won’t notice the same as well.

I was getting the same popup update previously but after installing Microsoft Security Essentials I am not getting those popup here. So if anyone wants to get rid of update popup then even you can switch to Microsoft Security Essentials. I have not tried out the other antiviruses that have been mentioned above but you can try them out as well. While looking after a solution on this issue in other forums I had come across one mentioning that he was able to get rid of the popup message by turning on gaming mode. I had tried it out but it did not worked if you want then even you all can give it a try and find out if it is actually helping.