Thread: transfer rate drops over network after installing Avast Internet Security

transfer rate drops over network after installing Avast Internet Security

I have recently installed Avast Internet Security in my system and since then I have found that the Transfer rate has started dropping over my home network. I don’t know what’s wrong with the same, I am not having any such issues with the wired connection it is just with the wifi. The transfer rate gets normal when I uninstall the Avast Internet Security. Is there anyone who has faced such weird issue and can help me out with some solution??

Re: transfer rate drops over network after installing Avast Internet Security

I don’t think there should be any issue as such, anyways I wanted to know if you have tried updating the wireless card driver of your system. If not then update the same and check out if the issue is getting solved by that. You should also check out your home network as well to see if there is any issue with it. a better idea here will be resetting the router. Just check out these things and post back what you find out for further help.

I have tried updating the wireless card driver but that’s not making any difference in my case. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avast Internet Security number of times but even that’s not helping. I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the home network as I have tested out the same with other devices. The transfer rate is appearing to be normal with them, the issue is just with my system and that too after installing Avast Internet Security. I had never faced any such issue before with any of the antiviruses that I had used. Anyways is there anything that I need to check out further?? Or I will have to uninstall Avast completely??

Before I suggest you something regarding this just perform the below steps and see if the issue is getting solved:
    1. Download aswClear which is un-installation utility from here and download the same.
    2. Once you have installed it then just run the uninstall utility and point to the Avast folder. Make sure that you are pointing to the right folder and click on remove.
    3. When the un- installation process gets completed then reboot your system and reinstall Avast Internet Security.
    4. If you face the same issue after trying out this then let me know I will try to help you with further possible solutions.

I am not sure if this will help or not but then I have found one claiming that he was facing similar issue and was able to solve it out by making below changes.
    • Go to start> control panel> administrative tool> computer management> device manager> right click on Network Adapter and select properties. After that click on advanced tab and enable Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4) after disabling Large Send Offload (IPv4).
    • If that’s solving the issue then well and good, if not then try disabling Flow control from RX & TX and see if it is making any difference.

Just try out these possible solutions and let me know if anyone of them is helping you out.