Thread: Avast! Internet Security suite blocking internet connection on windows 8

Avast! Internet Security suite blocking internet connection on windows 8

I have recently installed windows 8 and have Avast! Internet Security suite as well. I did not had any issue with the installation of them but now I have found that avast is blocking my internet connection. I have not yet faced any issue like that before, when I am trying to connect to the internet then it says "dns not found". I don’t have any issue like that when I am removing Avast! Internet Security suite. I am not willing to do the same and I want to know if there is a way by which I can use both of them together.

Re: Avast! Internet Security suite blocking internet connection on windows 8

In that case I just wanted to know that have you tried disabling windows 8 firewall and creating an exception for 3G connection in the file system shield. If that does not help then you can try setting the network to public and check out if you are getting any luck with the same. I also wanted to know if you are getting any error message when Avast! Internet Security suite blocks internet connection? If yes then post back the same for further help.

So now I have tried disabling windows 8 firewall and creating an exception for 3G connection in the file system shield but doing that did not made any difference in my case. I have also tried setting the network to public but even that’s not helping. I am not getting any error message as such when I internet connection is getting blocked. By now I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Security suite several times but no avail. Is there anything else that I need to check out further??

I wanted to know if you are quite sure whether you have made clean installation of the Avast! Internet Security suite?? I mean were you using some other Avast product previously?? If yes then I will suggest you to first use avast un-installation utility i.e. aswClear. As in some cases avast does not gets uninstalled completely using add/remove feature of control panel. You can download aswClear from here. You just have to Download aswclear.exe and save it somewhere, run the uninstall utility and browse to avast folder and click removed. When you are done with the same then you should reboot your computer and try installing avast. Just try it out and let me know if the issue is getting solved that way or not.

To fix "dns not found" error you can try out the below solutions:
    • First open your Internet Explorer, click on Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab>Custom Level
    • Now check out the drop down box saying Medium security level, the drop down box will be on "Custom Level" screen. You should also check out for "Access Data across Domains" and enable the same. Just make sure that you are applying the changes you have made.
    • When you are done with the same then you can close and restart Internet Explorer and check out if the error exists or not.

You can also try out doing the same using MS DOS Prompt:
    • Go to start > Run> type "CMD" without the quotes and click on ok.
    • When you get the command prompt window then type "netsh winsock reset catalog" without the quotes and hit enter.
    • After that type in "netsh int ip reset reset.log" and hit enter, after that type "Exit" and hit enter for closing MS DOS window.

Now check out the internet and see if it is working fine.