Thread: Options to keep a pc secure without installing antivirus

Options to keep a pc secure without installing antivirus

I am looking for some options by which I can protect my system without using a antivirus. I am sure there is no such thing available today. Everyone needs to play huge amount in-order to gain good security options. Today there are cheaper antivirus also available but they might not much secure. I do not really rely on free antivirus software. As most of them are not capable of detecting virus. I need some tips which can tell me how can I protect a system without antivirus. There will not lan connection neither there will any removable storage used on that. The pc will be used to display only certain video content which will be played with the help of CD players. Thanks.

Re: Options to keep a pc secure without installing antivirus

It think if you are not going to use internet on that then the system will stay infection free. Just avoid using usb also. It is also right today that a large amount of current computers is protected against viruses but not against threats like spyware, adware and other malware. It is also correct that day by day new generation of malware are appearing which spreads very easily and affects unprotected systems. I will only recommend to go with unprotected system if you are going to isolate the system completely from outer network. There is a free tool on internet called as PC Security Test. You can use to find viruses, spyware and attacks. I will advice you once to install this in your system and check. It analyze your system and generate a report related to threat. In this way with regular scanning you can keep a close watch that your system is infected or not. Or else it is better if you put a free antivirus software in your system. It is found that today ample of infections, malware, viruses and other phishing scams are one which cause this.

I will not recommend you to keep the system without antivirus. Get a good one and install that. Or else your system data will also affected. Today no one remains protected from any threat.

I think you can keep the system infection free by not using net and usb as you said. I want to give you a suggestion based on antivirus. I am using G Data Antivirus. There are other free but they provide less protection. It is also important that the virus signature database must be updated daily. Because outdated can cause severe system issues. If you are not using any antivirus then there is one more factor which is worth to implement. IT is called as firewall. This is one of the most important element in security. It aims to block unwanted connections to the network so that you can avoid computer hacking. If you just need a firewall then I will advice you to use Comodo Firewall. It works fine and if in future you want to connect your system to any lan then it will work fine. There is one more thing that you must remember. Do not use IE. Because using Internet Explorer is not recommended. The reason is because of security bugs inside the browser. It only consumes more system resources and is the most targeted.

Yes you can use that. The system remains unaffected until virus is enter via internet or any external device. Some CD/DVD are responsible for the same. The auto-run can easily inject virus in your system.

I will not recommend you to work without antivirus. I had notice that every month you can see number of new virus. Just recently heard about some printer malware. A number of systems are designed to delete files, capture confidential information or damage the operating system. And Windows above all is the most affected one. You cannot block threats in windows. To stop these viruses, install antivirus software and keep them reliable and updated regularly. Firewall is nice option to block unwanted incoming connections. According to me no computer can survive without antivirus.