Thread: wlan clients unable to ping lan clients with WAG320N

wlan clients unable to ping lan clients with WAG320N

I have recently set up a Linksys WAG320N in my office and I did not had any issues with its installation. After installing everything I found that my wlan clients are not able to ping lan clients where as lan clients are not able to ping wlan clients. I don’t know what the issue all about is, is there anyone having an idea about this and can help me out fixing the same as well?? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: wlan clients unable to ping lan clients with WAG320N

I have checked out for the same and have found one mentioning that he was facing same issue and was able to sort it out by following the below steps:

• First login to your router and Click Wireless> advanced Wireless Settings and Enable "AP Isolation"
    • After that make sure that you are saving the settings and wait for some seconds and then Disable "AP Isolation" and save the settings again.
    • When you are done with the same then Power off Router, wait for some second and power on the Router.

I am not sure if this will work but you can definitely give it a try and check out if it is appearing to be helping, just give it a try and let me know what you get. If you face any issues further then let me know.

If you want then you can try out doing a 30-30-30 hard reset which will fully reset your router to its default settings and might help you in fixing the issue as well. You can follow the below steps for doing 30-30-30 hard reset:

• If the router is on then while hold down its reset button for 30 seconds just unplug the router from power and after that hold it down for more 30 seconds.
    • Now turn on power to the router while still holding down the reset button and that hold it down for more 30 seconds.

Just try it out and post back the result that you get so that I can have a broad idea of the issue you are facing.

If the above solutions are not working out for you then you can try out turning QoS feature off for your router. I have just come across one facing same issue with same router who was able to sort out the issue by turning QoS feature off. I really don’t know if it actually works as I have not tried it out myself but I think that you can give it a try in such condition. You can try out this solution if Enable and disabling "AP Isolation" or 30-30-30 hard reset is not making any difference in your case, best of luck.