Thread: Base filtering engine hangs with avast on windows 7

Base filtering engine hangs with avast on windows 7

After I installed Avast antivirus software into my windows 7 machine I found that the Base filtering engine was working the way it should have worked. At every start up the (BFE) Base Fliter engine always keeps on hanging. Now let me introduce my Avast antivirus version, I have installed 7.0.1426 into my windows 7 64 bit system. And as far as I know this version is very well compatible with my windows machine. I already confirmed about the compatibility issue. Just because of the Base Filter hanging issue all my functions that are related to networking are working too slowly. Not just the networking is affected but also my windows firewall is restricted from opening.

I am new with this avast software and I really do not have any idea why I am facing this problem. if anyone is well aware of this issue then please let me know and help me out.

Re: Base filtering engine hangs with avast on windows 7

Hey except for certain changes I do not find any difference between your issue and my issue. I too face the same problem in my windows machine. But as I said there is certain difference in my problem. The first time I saw this problem was during the installation of an external SSD. After I installed the SSD when the pagefile in my computer was disabled the problem occurred. The only way for me is to get things going properly is to start up Avast only after all other services from the troubleshooting menu is started.

Most of the people having Avast antivirus are facing the same problem. Don’t know for what reason Base Filtering Engine keeps on pausing. I personally feel that actually it is not at all going to be support or start by avast. There are people who say that it starts but for that we will have to wait for a long time. In my case also it starts after a long time but its of no use as after it is started either it gets hanged or the other things go halt like the firewall or internet activities. I am new to Avast so I don’t mind leaving Avast and choosing some other antivirus software. I guess I was quite satisfied with AVG and I should continue with it dropping Avast. This is my last trial; if I do not get any solution from there then I might directly switch back to AVG.

Hey I have something interesting to share with you people. i know that most of the people are facing the same symptoms but none of you have the answer for “why it is happening”. If you are one amongst those who is facing the same problem then I think I can help you out in letting you know the reason for BFE hanging. Anyways for a successful implementation first of all you have to download the following file into your machine. This file will help you generate dump file.
    • First of the Click on the following link CLICK HERE
    • Now download and the run the exe file after you are done with this you will be able to generate a file \Windows\memory.dmp file. if you upload this file then hopefully you will get the necessary information.

Remember at every Base filtering issue if you press the crash button and then if you check out the same dump file that has been described above you will probably get the reason for the problem. But in my case when I tried to disable the pagefile the problem encounters clearly. On the other hand when the pagefile in my case is not disabled then the problem doesn’t seem to be coming up in any way. Overall disabling the pagefile is the only trick for the BFE to hang and the problem to reproduce but alongside also the memory dump is nowhere created by the windows when the pagefile is disabled. So therefore for me uploading the memory dump is not at all possible.