Thread: Tumri website opening multiple browser tabs, how to get rid of this using NIS 2012

Tumri website opening multiple browser tabs, how to get rid of this using NIS 2012

A couple of week ago receive a constant popup on some tumri site. I closed it, but whenever I open a new tab this site open automatically. I was quiet busy at that time so I ignored this. I thought this is some kind of regular popup used for ad purpose. I was out for 4 days. Now when I was back on that night I started Internet Explorer to login on Facebook. Suddenly as the browser started there are around 8 to 10 tabs of the same site. This is like how Firefox restore your tabs when it crashes. This was really irritating. Then I got update your browser popup on your screen. I clicked on that and updated the browser. But still within a time interval the website tab open automatically. This looks that my browser is hijacked and after running the update the browser simply works more slowly. The tab keeps on opening up automatically. I cannot even concentrate properly on a single site. Does Tumri is a kind of virus that enters your system and cause such kind of issue. How can I completely remove it. I was using a trail version of NIS 2012 on my system and later on after this information I just purchased a license copy. After automatic update I though this will be stopped. But still the same issue. What should I do know.

Re: Tumri website opening multiple browser tabs, how to get rid of this using NIS 2012

It is malware and it has infected ample of system. First is recommended that you must not use any kind of third party software in your system. Update your antivirus and run a full system scan under safe mode. There is no tool on web that can provide you cleaning of this malware. Rely on updated antivirus only. After a few weeks of scan this will be removed automatically. Norton will send you updates for the same.

Re: Tumri website opening multiple browser tabs, how to get rid of this using NIS 2012

I had faced this issue last week. Norton sent me a fix via update. This is a malware and once I receive that update the malware is removed automatically completely from my system. So there is no need to worry about the same much. You can also contact Norton tech support about the same. You actually did this very late. You must have purchased a full license version of Norton before. Also one thing that has cause issue is antivirus update. This is not actually recommended whenever you have such virus issue. The first post says correct. Run a full system antivirus scan under safe mode. This must be done atleast once in a week. You can schedule a full system scan every week so that unwanted threats can be detected before it spoil your system entirely. What matters the most is system stability. There is small tool called as OTL. Download and install this. This is not actually a removal tool but a kind of scanner that create a lot of infection in your system. Then you can analyze the log to find the location of files installed by malware. Do one more thing. Download aswmbr. Run this and update it. It will scan your startup files for those infection. Upload the log file on Norton site to get more help.

This kind of malware installs a tracking cookie in your system. This tracking cookie that redirect your browsers regularly on those website. They are sometime even use by companies for marketing.

I found this solution on Norton forums. You will need to run a ESET online scan for that. It is quiet powerful. Atleast you can test your system by running some kind of online malware scans. The same is also offered by Kasperky. Go on ESET site and download ESET online scan. Because of you use any other antivirus then that will conflict with Norton and you said that you had purchased the license copy of this file. Download ESET online scan and run it. It will use a online database to scan yoru system for malware and this is really very effective. Use a different browser for that. Clean your temp folders and if you want you can block tumri site under Norton firewall. You can try online scanner for temporary purpose. One more tool that can be used for similar purpose is hijackthis. This is not a scanner but a log file creator. It generates a log file of each application that is running in your system.

This malware are really irritating. Once they are in your system they do not get out easily. There is a simple antimalware tool that can be used for this purpose. Called as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware it works nicely with any installed Antivirus. You do not need to worry about software conflict.