Thread: Boxee box compatibility with Linksys

Boxee box compatibility with Linksys

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new boxee and I've been trying the whole afternoon to go online with the Linksys WRT610N but with no luck. The guy from Dlink tech support was very supportive but didn't get any result. He even suggested that I change the settings from WPA2 to WPA. Any e will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Boxee box compatibility with Linksys

One of my friend was having similar kind of issue that you were facing, so what he did was, he just changed the security encryption to WAP AES and that worked for him. And if you are facing issues with freezing, then try to shorten the sleep time before it hangs. You can also try to submit a bug request on the official site asking for a hardware issue, if nothing works.

Thanks. I'll try it and let you know.

Now it says that the password is invalid. This is a password i've used for 20 devices with no headache.

Did you make sure that the password that you have got is the correct one? Can you try to re-configure any new device with the same password just to make sure that it is working for it, or else you can even try to change the password to something new on your wireless router and then try connecting and see whether it will work for you.

Thanks for the reply. I finally got someone knowledgeable from D-link who advise to disable the MAC filter while keeping the password. And it worked. The other guys I had from tech support were simply reading a script with no networking experience whatsoever.