Thread: Without third party assistance Norton is failing to supply fixes

Without third party assistance Norton is failing to supply fixes

Does Norton uses third party support to help end users for fixes related to its product. I had noticed this at my friend place who is using NIS from last 2 years. He was facing issue related to regular Norton popup for a file which was not a virus. The support mail that he received was on behalf of Norton but it was not directly from it. So it looks that Norton uses some third party companies to provide user support related to ample of technical issues.

Re: Without third party assistance Norton is failing to supply fixes

I never found that. That might be region based. Norton has tied up with number of companies which offer you tech support. But that does not means Norton does help people. This companies work on Norton standards only and the solution which is provided are better. There are many fixes that I had downloaded from other websites. But they are fine. That does not means the fixes that provided by Norton are not valid. They are packed fixes tested and hosted on branded websites. So I will recommend you to ignore third party fixes they are fine and you can use them. There is no need to blame Norton for that. What matters more is the security stuff. Antivirus reduces the maximum risk of infection in your system. You can play safe more your side. I used a download website to download and install Norton updates and then run in your system. It is recommended that you must keep your antivirus up-to date always.

I never check how I am getting fixes. What I know that Norton gives good security packages for your day to day protection. One thing I will advice Norton to check is that Norton is too resource intensive.

This is common. Even we use tons of different website to ask help based on Norton products. And they too provide you clear and good information on the same. I had tested this forum a number of time to get right suggestion based on pc security. And I am guided well. What matters that your system must stay clean. I head that Norton takes supports for Quad for getting fixes and third party support. Malwares are common today which easily infect your system. You can use system cleanup tool to keep a track on day to infection and malicious application. Some of them are almost free. Also there are number of alternative that you can try if you do not want to use Norton. I notice that some malware are so advance that they can easily infect your system even when you have a good antivirus installed in your system. Symantec ties up with third party service so that they can rich maximum members and offer a good security support.

If talk about third party services then we believe that the fix is secure or not. Anyhow one product is distributed through various website. Some of them simply give you direct download also. Third party source sometime are used for marketing purpose also.