Thread: Do you believe that viruses are created by antivirus software developer

Do you believe that viruses are created by antivirus software developer

I just want some information on Viruses and Antivirus. I would like to know who actually create the Virus ? Are they anti-virus companies who create virus ? I have heard from many of my friends that Antivirus companies are the one only who create virus. So can anyone let me know if it is true or false.

Re: Do you believe that viruses are created by antivirus software developer

Even I think the same as your friend told you that Anti-virus companies only make virus as they want to increase their sales and their marketing also. So I think they only create them and send it via updates. So that after updating, virus should infect your machine and you will be asked to update or buy a latest version of antivirus. This is how they earn money.

I don’t think so. I have done some research work on this and came to know that there are many hackers who do this kind of things just too have fun or you can say to get information etc.

But yes there can be some antivirus companies also who would be hiring hackers who can make virus for them to increase their sales. But finally you cannot blame anyone nor the hackers nor the company. As if you can prevent your computer from them then you are great or else you will have to use Anti- virus and stop blaming anyone.

As per me I also think the same as your friend tell you that Anti-virus companies only make virus as they want to increase their sales and their marketing also. So I think they only create them and sent it via updates so that after updating the virus infect your machine and you will be asked to update or buy a latest version of antivirus. This is how they earn money.
    I do agree with you that antivirus companies only make virus as if they don’t make any kind of virus who will buy antivirus and how they will make money.

I don’t think so as I have done some research work on this and came to know that there are many hackers who do this kind of thing just too have fun or you can say to get information etc. But yes there can be some antivirus companies also who would be hiring hackers who can make virus for them to increase their sales. But finally you cannot blame anyone nor the hackers nor the company. As if you can prevent your computer from them then you are great or else you will have to use Anti- virus and stop blaming anyone.
    And I also agree with you as there can me many hackers who do make virus for fun. I am not able to understand what kind of fun they get by doing this kind of thing.