Thread: After making Norton Internet Security 2012 licensed version, device manager is completely blank

After making Norton Internet Security 2012 licensed version, device manager is completely blank

I was using Norton Internet Security 2012 internet security trial version in my computer. I find Norton Internet Security 2012 very user friendly and interface is also very nice, it does not affect performance of my computer and that is why I have decided to go for full version. Now after that I have I have installed full version of the Norton Internet Security 2012 in my computer and then it has started giving me problems. When I open device manger in my computer at time I cannot see any devices, I have select show hidden devices option but it does nothing. This problem is annoying for me. I have tried to look for the solution on internet regarding this problem and some users have suggested there that doing reinstalling the Norton Internet Security 2012 will resolve this problem and then i have uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2012 from my system and then installed it again but after doing that also problem does not get solved. What should I do to solve this problem? In my computer I have windows XP operating system. Please help me with this.

Re: After making Norton Internet Security 2012 licensed version, device manager is completely blank

You should Turn off Norton Internet Security 2012 in your computer and after that you have to check whether you can see all the devices in the device manager in your computer or not? if can see all the devices in the device manger then it means problem is with related to internet security and if you still get same issue even after disabling or turning off the Internet Security then it might be problem with windows setting. If you can see your computer name in device manger then I will suggest you try these steps first. open device manger and then see whether you have small arrow icon on the left side of your computer name or not? If you have small arrow then click on it and it will expand the device list. In many cases somehow device list gets collapsed. Try this trick it might be helpful for you.

Re: After making Norton Internet Security 2012 licensed version, device manager is completely blank

It looks like “Plug and Play” Windows Service in your computer is not running. You should enable Plug and Play service in your system and you have to also make sure that you set startup type of “Plug and Play” service to automatic and after doing that restart your system and then your problem will get solved. I am suggesting you this solution because I was also going though from similar type of problem and then I have first performed thought that my antivirus application is causing this problem and that is why disabled antivirus have in my system and then when I opened device manger in my computer at that time same problem occurred. Now after that I have come to know about I have come to know that enabling the Plug and Play service from the device manger can resolve this problem and then I have tried that solution and my problem get solved. To enable “Plug and Play” services in your computer you have to follow these steps.

• First you should open control in your computer.
    • Select classic view from the left pane.
    • Now you have to click on the Administrative Tools.
    • In Administrative Tools you will see the service option and you have to open it.
    • After opening the services you have to look for the “Plug and Play” and double click on it.
    • Now click on start button from “Plug and Play” properties box and also choose automatic option from the startup type dropdown box.
    • Now click on OK button.