Thread: Is there a way to find virus via MD5

Is there a way to find virus via MD5

I need help to find some solution for using MD5 code to find virus. My friend has a system which has lots of virus. I am looking for a solution by which I can scan the entire system with MD5. I tried to find some ready script for that, but it looks too complicated.

Re: Is there a way to find virus via MD5

Instead of going with any kind of manual method there is one thing you can do. Download MD5Checker tool. With this tool it is easy to manage and check MD5 checksum on number of files in your system. The tool also helps you to find that your existing file is modified or not. It is a very light weight tool that you can carry in your usb and run anywhere you want. Anyhow this tool will help you to check the integrity of downloads. The tool helps to find the number of MD5 checksum. Also you can find out that the file which you are downloading is original or modified one. This is easy to track any virus infection in your system. This tool keeps the log of old mdh5 checksum and if in future you reuse the file you can use this tool to compare the changes done by virus. You can simply avoid going for any script here. Just get this 300kb tool and try once.

There is another similar tool use for same purpose called as MD5 Virus search and cleaner 0.1.1. It is very handy to use and it is designed to provide you clean scanning of different files.

There are certain antivirus which comes with inbuilt md5 support. I am going to provide you list of those. You can use one of them if you are not able to find the right tool or code for md5 checksum. Antivirus like Avast, AVG, bitdender, nod32, kaspersky, virusbuster, etc comes with MD5 support. So you just require to scan your system in regular way to find out whether your system is infected or not. Any latest version of this tool can help you to stay safe from online threats. It is recommended that you must keep your system antivirus upto date.