Thread: Norton Internet Security 2012 won’t launch, getting error messages

Norton Internet Security 2012 won’t launch, getting error messages

I have recently installed - Norton Internet Security 2012 and I did not had any issues with the installation and things were working fine as well. This morning when I turned on the system and tried starting Norton from the desktop logo then there was a timer which disappeared after some seconds. Later after some time I got an 11006; 1 error message. I was not able to find out what was causing that and I thought that a reboot will handle it so I did the same and now I am getting 8504;101 error message. I just wanted to know why I am getting such error messages and is there a way by which I can fix them out?? Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Norton Internet Security 2012 won’t launch, getting error messages

I have checked about the same and have found many people facing those error code and most of them have mentioned that they were able to get rid of the error my doing a reboot. Since you have tried out the same and it is not making any difference in your case I will suggest you to give it a try some more times and if you still face those errors then better try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton Internet Security 2012 and see if it is helping you out to get rid of that error message. I am not very sure if that will work or not but some people have tried out the same and have got success in getting rid of those error. So just try out these things and let me know if anyone of them is helping you out. Best of luck.

Hey thanks for that, I have tried rebooting the system several times by now but it is not making any difference in my case. After your suggestion I have tried out uninstalling and reinstalling Norton 2012 as well and even that did not helped. Even I have found people mentioning that they were able to solve out the issue by rebooting or reinstalling the program but unfortunately they are not working out in my case. I am still getting those error messages, I don’t know why but I feel that Norton 2012 won’t be protecting my computer as well. I just want to get rid of these errors as soon as possible, can they be because of some virus or conflict? Is there anything else that I can try out further for solving this issue?

I have checked out regarding the 8504;101 error message and have found the below fix for the same. I will like to inform you that this was a common issue with a number of people and Norton support has come up with this solution. If I am not wrong then you might be using a Lenovo computer. If yes then I will like to share that this error is caused by a program called RapidBoot which is there in Lenovo computer. So if you are having same case then the below solutions should help you out.
    First Exit all the programs and Restart the computer, if you are still getting that error then download and run the Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool. This tool will uninstall Norton Internet Security 2012 and will reinstall latest version of your Norton security product automatically. Before trying out this make sure that you are having installation CDs or the installation files that you might have downloaded for Norton Internet Security 2012. I also wanted to share that if you are using other utility products like Norton System Works, Norton Ghost, pcAnywhere, or Norton Utilities then they won’t get reinstalled by Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool and you will have to install then manually. You can get the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool from here.
    Hope that helps.

Even I thought that it is an common issue as while looking after a solution for the same I had come across many people facing the 8504;101 error .I am having a dell laptop and I was really not aware that this issue is with the Lenovo computer as I had not found any of them mentioning that they are having dell computers and so. Anyways I have downloaded and install that tool and after going through the UN-installation and re-installation of Norton Internet Security I am not getting 8504;101 error message but I am still getting 11006; 1 error message. How will I fix that? Is there any effective solution like this one for solving it out as well?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think that I can help you out here, I am not aware of 8504;101 error message but I was facing 11006; 1 error message a week ago and I was able to solve it out running a program called Norton Power Eraser. I am not aware of the cause of the issue but it was suggested to me in some forum and it really helped me out in getting rid of 11006; 1 error. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference in your case or not. You can Download Norton Power Eraser from here.

• You just have to Download Norton Power Eraser and save it on Desktop or where ever you want and double click the NPE.exe file for running it. After running Norton Power Eraser click on “Accept’ for accepting the Agreement and then click on Scan for Risks icon in Norton Power Eraser window.
    • When you do so a Rootkit scan will be preformed and might need a system restart as well, so make sure that you are restarting he machine if you get a prompt saying that. The scanning process might take some time so do not interrupt the process till it gets complete and make sure that there is no other program running in the background to avoid confliction.