Thread: Error "Failed to operate disk. Please resubmit after restart" on LinkStation Pro Quad LS-QVL

Error "Failed to operate disk. Please resubmit after restart" on LinkStation Pro Quad LS-QVL

I am using the LinkStation Pro Quad LS-QVL from last one month and that was working well till now. I wanted to format the same as i was having a bulk of unwanted data. But am facing some problem while doing the same. When I clicked on format then instead of formatting the network storage, it shows me the error message which says "Failed to operate disk. Please resubmit after restart". I tried to do the same a few more times but all the times it shows me the same error. Now I am not able to format that and need to have some suggestion from the people over here. Please help me.

Re: Error "Failed to operate disk. Please resubmit after restart" on LinkStation Pro Quad LS-QVL

Do you have live ubuntu CD? If yes then you can boot your computer from ubuntu live CD and after that try to format the drive manually. See if that allows you to format that in this way.

If this does not help you then you can also make use of TestDisk to ensure that this is serviceable. TestDisk is the data recovery software which is available for free. At the start, it was made for recovering the data which was lost and now it can also help to make the non-bootable disks bootable. There could be many of the reasons for this problem. There is no need to have special knowledge for recovery, it is provided with a very nice and simple user interface and you will be able to handle this easily.