Thread: How to exit EM Mode on LinkStation Live LS-CHL

How to exit EM Mode on LinkStation Live LS-CHL

I don’t why whenever I am trying to connect with LinkStation Live LS-CHL it is getting stuck into EM mode. I searched on the Google to find out the root cause of the issue but there was nothing available which I can try. Let me know if you are aware of any useful instruction to resolve above mentioned issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to exit EM Mode on LinkStation Live LS-CHL

Before I go into detail I would like to tell you something about EM mode. Mostly people used to call EM mode as Engineering mode or Emergency Mode. The LinkStation gets into the EM mode when any serious issue occurs on it. You will be able to ping Linkstation by using 192.168.11.150. Make sure that UDP-Port 22936 should be open, otherwise firmware updater will not be able to reach LinkStation by any mean. Any of the below mentioned might be the root cause of the problem in your situation.
    • Turning on LinkStation with installing any hard drive.
    • If any data getting corrupted or deleted from /hda1 due to some reason.
    • Installing unpartitioned hard drive into LinkStation.
    • Also if you had pressed red button for more than 20 second after booting of LinkStataion and restarting the same.
    • Finally if you are trying to flash firmware of LinkStation by using firmware updater and it gets disconnected with network connection.

I recommend following things that you can try and let me know whether it worked for you. Turn off LinkStation. Wait for around 45secs so that it can switch off completely. Now press and hold power button, function button for 6 seconds approximately. You will see that Function LED changed to blue color. Again press Function key at that time and LED would display in Blue. once the entire process is completed it would turn Green.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting below mentioned steps which you can try,
    1. Make sure that you are having LSUpdater.exe with you. Mostly it is provided into disk that came along with LinkStation. If you are not having the same, one can download it from official website.
    2. Simply create a shortcut of it and right click on it, click Properties, in resulting window click on Shortcut tab and add /force at the end of Target.
    3. Now double click on the Shortcut. Wait for a while, it would restore the firmware.
    4. After completing with it, you will need to reset your device.